Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stans rims with tubes
  • mrjmt
    Free Member

My new wheelset has finally arrived, they’re stans no tubes compatible and come with the yellow tape, valves and sealant.

I’m currently using racing ralphs (not tubeless ready) and will be putting these tyres onto the new wheels.

So, is it a problem trying to get tyres to seal if they’ve already been used a bit with tubes?

If I decide to run tubes, can I still use the yellow tape or do I need to buy some normal rim tape instead?

Bit confused here!

Baldysquirt

Should be fine with tubes and just yellow tape (although probably not as robust as normal rim tape) and won’t affect tubeless-ability later. I’m running tubes on my rear crest rim with yellow tape only at the moment. Will be tubelessed shortly and not expecting the tube to have caused any issues.

Baldysquirt

BTW, I’m pretty sure you could run your racing ralphs with just sealant anyway. It’s not guaranteed to work straight off, but shouldn’t be too big a problem.

njee20
    Free Member

Non tubless Schwalbes work really well, unless they’re very baggy when you fit them they’ll go straight up with some sealant. If you don’t want to go down that route (you should) then they’ll be fine with tubes.

mrjmt
    Free Member

Cracking, cheers.

(I’ll no doubt be covered in sealant some time later this evening!)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stans rims with tubes’ is closed to new replies.