• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Yak.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans race sealant drying out quick
  • sam1988
    Free Member

Thought I would give this a try, put it in both my bikes at the start of September, one tyre got a cut around 5mm which took ages to seal, then 20 mins after I did Seal the dried sealant came out and refused to re seal. Another bike no punctures but has all tried up into a lump. Is this to be expected? Dried much faster than normal stans?

Yak

Yes. It seals faster and dries faster.
    A 50:50 mix of regular and race is a decent compromise.

oikeith

A 50:50 mix of regular and race is a decent compromise.

Stans advice is to not mix reg stuff and race, maybe this is a marketing ploy more than a chemical explosion in your tyre!

OP, I have found Stans race to dry out much much quicker than the reg stuff, reg stuff I dont think I ever had dry out or create marbles, this year swapped to race when changing tyres as it was all the LBS had and I had marbles within the first few months, it hasnt dried out, I assume the marbles are the particles so it might not seal so well when I get a punch next.

hot_fiat

I’m convinced neither stans formulas have as many particles in as they used to. Was wondering if that was a ploy to get people to use the darts?

alpin
    Free Member

Always find Stan’s dried out after a few months regardless of use.

Have been using Café latex for over 18 months and it’s not dried out like Stan’s. Also, no latex puke balls rattling around inside the tyre.

Yak

Stans advice is to not mix reg stuff and race, maybe this is a marketing ploy more than a chemical explosion in your tyre!

Oh. I was unaware of that. Anyway, no explosions or anything dramatic. I assumed, maybe incorrectly, that the race was the same, but with more particles, especially those longer rectangular ones that fill up big holes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans race sealant drying out quick’ is closed to new replies.