• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by mokl.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans race gold 29er rear wheel – creaking.
  • michaelmcc
    Free Member

Anyone else have these wheels and/or experience the rear wheel creaking a lot? I thought it might have been due to loose spokes but I got the spokes tightened and there is still lots of creaking coming from it. Common problem??

chasinabeeinacar
    Free Member

Mine doesn’t have a creak but has developed a tapping/ knocking noise.

I’ve recently had the rims and spokes replaced on these as I was fed up with having to true the wheel every time I went out on them.

Was going to strip the hub down tonight to try and figure it all out. Good luck finding your creak

orangeboy
    Free Member

Never had an issue with my golds justs stick to the recommended spoke tensions
    Have seen a fair few other stans rim with a loose bit. Ratting in side them , mostly hope hoops but not always
    But not seen that this year

Hopfuly theanswer is in the hub

Or try putting a little lube round the spoke nipples

michaelmcc
    Free Member

tapping/ knocking noise

Mine could almost be described as that too, but more of a creak mostly.

Cheers.

purbeckian
    Free Member

Yes, my 26er anthem (crest rims on a DTSwiss 350 hub) creaks like crazy on every pedal stroke harder than “just keeping the wheels turning” unless I do the QR up tightly enough. You could also try greasing the dropouts and/or QR. The actual creak actually sounded like it was coming from just behind the bottom bracket somewhere but with the QR tight, nothing.

mokl
    Free Member

Try removing the freewheel, cleaning it up and regreasing the pawls? This worked in my 3.30 hub.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans race gold 29er rear wheel – creaking.’ is closed to new replies.