• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by aP.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stans or similar into Presta?
  • oldgit
    Free Member

Has anyone actually done it? I want to stick into some tubs.
    The only problem I see is the valve not coming back out of the valve stem after putting the stuff in.
    Then again if I put some air in will that force the valve back out again? Am I making any sense?

Stans, Tuffo anything similar.

Xylene
    Free Member

I found that my valve stem gummed up and is a sod to get air into now.

I have been planning on taking the valve out and cleaning it, but haven't got around to it yet.

MSP

You want to put stans solution into an innertube?

Schwalbe innertubes have removable cores, so its possible to put a solution in them, but you should be aware that innertubes react differently under pressure to tyre casings, any puncture tends to expand as the tension in the rubber is released, so innertubes with a solution such as stans in tends to be a bit hit and miss.

MSP

Quirrel – Member

I found that my valve stem gummed up and is a sod to get air into now.

I have been planning on taking the valve out and cleaning it, but haven't got around to it yet.

Put a dab of Vaseline on your stem before shoving it in the hole 😈

oldgit
    Free Member

A quick Google recommends Vaseline on the valve ha haa.

MSP I want to put the stuff in tubulars, it's supposed to work.

oldgit
    Free Member

Doh

spock
    Free Member

problem is it doesnt really seal them, more lets you know by spraying sealing left right and centre like a water feature

aP
    Free Member

I've used the tufo sealant – works fine, but after a year or so you do have to un-gunge the valve. Done with tufo tubs only – and they have removable valve cores.
    The new tufo sealant seems to require much less gunge than the old (late 90s) stuff.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stans or similar into Presta?’ is closed to new replies.