Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Stans Jizz
  • lowey

Once its in and set up, do you have to change it at all ? Or does it last years ?

Cheers.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Check it every three months.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Change it after a few months. Also in the summer ‘if’ its hot that has an impact too. You can top it up.

VanHalen

you have to change it 2 monthly in my experience.

all the bits also amalgamate into a big spikey ball making puncture proofing non existant.

i’ve not used anything else yet as i’ve a big bottle to finish so if anyone has any opinions on other jizz i’d appreciate it.

mark

rumbler
    Free Member

I jizzed all over the inside of my tyres 18 months ago; haven’t looked at them since, or had a flat.

creamegg
    Free Member

needs topping up every 2 or 3 months IME

DezB
    Free Member

I never check it.
    Trouble is, if you don’t, it dries and is a right shit (or jizz) to get off the tyres when you need to reuse them. Pick pick pick pick pick for hours. 🙁

nikxl
    Free Member

Caffe Latex doesnt ball up like stans

Northwind

Lasts 6 months or so for me but it’s pretty rare I don’t change a tyre in that time tbh.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Caffe Latex doesnt ball up like stans

Doesn’t stop you getting punctures like Stans either .

I wish that somebody could invent a non latex based sealant that works like Latex based sealants and doesn’t dry out.

dantsw13

After 3 months, you may have fluid left in the tyres, but the chances of it having much latex suspended in the liquid are slim. It’s the suspended particles that give you puncture protection.

I have gone 6-8 months without changing, but the chance of a burp/puncture increase after 3 months IMHO.

nedrapier

Hmmm. I was thinking about toobless for the latest wheels, but wasn’t sure if I could be arsed with it.

I guess I’ll have to try it at some stage, like disc brakes, trigger shifters pneumatic tyres, chains, pedals etc.

For now, I think that’s another tick in the “nope” box.

nedrapier

But while I’m here, I’ve heard some good stuff about Keith Bontrager’s jizz.

Any here tried it?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Lowey, 3 months is about right to open it up and take a look. After that it may well stay up for months but won’t be giving much/any protection for when you pinch, pierce or tear.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

[/quote]After 3 months, you may have fluid left in the tyres, but the chances of it having much latex suspended in the liquid are slim. It’s the suspended particles that give you puncture protection.

The latex is the liquid . The suspended particles are there to help seal larger holes but stuff such as Wheelmilk is latex based with no particles suspended and seals holes as well as anything else IME .

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Bontrager Jizz was useless, never sealed, just spat out of a hole until it was flat.
    I check it twice a year and then it looks like I have wee’d in it as the white had gone.

gogg
    Free Member

Does he eat asparagus??

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

dantsw13 – Member

After 3 months, you may have fluid left in the tyres, but the chances of it having much latex suspended in the liquid are slim. It’s the suspended particles that give you puncture protection.

^^ This

DezB
    Free Member

But while I’m here, I’ve heard some good stuff about Keith Bontrager’s jizz.

Any here tried it?

Worked well with Bonty tyres IME.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

It works so well that they’ve stopped making it .

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Stans Jizz’ is closed to new replies.