Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Stans Iron Cross – Road Tyres w/ Tubes
  • woody2000

Got a bit of bargain (maybe!) in the Superstar wheel clearance in the form of some Iron Cross rims on Tesla hubs. My intention was to stick them on my commuter/”road bike” which sees a bit of all sorts in terms of terrain.

Seems to be a mix of opinion on the net about whether or not road tyres (with tubes) work on the rim and Stans seem to give a mix of information too.

Anyone here use them with road tyres and tubes ok? Max tubeless PSI is 45, so it’ll have to be tubes. I’ll be using 28-32mm tyres

TIA

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Stans recommend 45psi max with or without tubes. I’ve ran mine with 28mm tyres up to about 85psi with no problems.

woody2000

Stans recommend 45psi max with or without tubes

That’s the mixed info I’m talking about 🙂

From the notubes forum:

Re: max clincher pressure on iron cross rim

Postby NoTubes_Pete » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:51 am
    That 25c tire tubeless I would say 50psi Max. With a Tube on the Iron Cross rim, I would say 75psi max.

I think they’ll be ok, but the side wall (bead) is very low profile. What rim tape did you use?

Ta

notmyrealname
    Free Member

I’ve got Stans yellow rim tape in mine, I think it’s either 19mm or 21mm.

thomthumb
    Free Member

For all of our rims running them with a tube the max pressure is the max pressure as listed on the tire. The limits we state on our rims are not because our rims can not handle the pressure but because the tires can not handle the pressure when run tubeless.

from here

just to add to the mix 😉

woody2000

Thanks thomthumb (I think!) 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Stans Iron Cross – Road Tyres w/ Tubes’ is closed to new replies.