Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Stans flow rims for XC
  • racing_ralph
    Free Member

too much/over kill for a clumsy rider on a Prophet?

nukeproof
    Free Member

I’d say they were a very good match for the Prophet. Good solid rim and only 10g more than the narrower Mavic 719 rims iirc which are my XC rims.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Some of the pro-elite riders are actually using these for World Cup DH events. I’ve run them as an XC rim for a while although I’ve now switched to Rovals which are a lot lighter. The Flow errs on the side of caution strength wise, but I wouldn’t say they are necessarily overkill.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

hmm £285 all in inc the tape and valves do i hit “buy now”

geetee1972
    Free Member

What’s that for – a complete wheel set? Cheap if it is.

gizzardman
    Free Member

Why not try the Arch, it’s lighter and handled everything this 15 stone fat lad’s thrown at them.

bowglie

IMO they’re not too lardy/overkill for XC trail riding – esp if you do plenty of stuff in rocky terrain, or get a bit aggressive with the bike. I’ve switched over to Flow rims from DT4.2’s to get a bit more stability when running low pressure with fatter tyres. Have experimented with various pressures and they’re superb – with high(ish) pressures and fast tyres they’re absolutely awesome on flowy trail centre type singletrack, so stiff for quick changes in direction. Don’t really notice the additional weight of the rim over 4.2’s either. Go for them – I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

fuzzhead
    Free Member

Got some on my Prophet MX. Awesome value as a Hope Hoop, as mentioned earlier, you can get them sub-£300 as a pair c/w yellow tape. Do it

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Stans flow rims for XC’ is closed to new replies.