• This topic has 93 replies, 65 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by andyl.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)
  • Stand down George..
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

Well, there you go.

The Faith era was my favourite, he played his part in a little of my life.

Sad news.

Rockape63
    Free Member

I only heard the news this morning….it made me very sad. RIP George.

z1ppy

Shocking news, RIP

Harry_the_Spider

I only heard the news this morning….it made me very sad. RIP George.

Me too.

I told my wife. It made her sad too.

RIP George.

wilburt
    Free Member

I read this thread late last night in bed I had some ear buds in but not plugged into the ipad.
    So when I was listening to the tracks on the first page they where playing out loud and my wife is now convinced she was dreaming of GM!

We both really enjoyed his music over the years, in fact one of the few vinyl albums I’ve kept is Wham Fantastic. Talented fella, RIP

jamj1974

A very talented artist. Could sing well and wrote some amazingly good tunes.

Last Christmas is a favourite in our house – my son Alex will be gutted…

simmy
    Free Member

If saw it last night and couldn’t believe it at first.

As a kid of the 80’s, when we had just 3 TV channels, Top of the Pops was a massive event for me and Wham were always on there. It’s One of the things I remember about childhood along with the Frankie T shirts and Live Aid.

George had an album out around 98, the one which had Outside on it were he took the mick out of himself for the LA public toilet incident, and I played that CD to death. Think he dueted with Mary J Blige on that one.

Massive back catalogue that I think a lot of people will have forgotten about a lot of, and a massive talent blighted by personal issues who has been taken way too soon.

RIP.

Harry_the_Spider

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBmZ0qNhIq0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

ulysse
    Free Member

I’m no Wham! fan despite Andrew Ridgeley’s obvious talent, But George Micheal s solo work was up there with Prince IMHO. was sorely hoping this was a hoax

timbob78
    Free Member

Amazing talent, tremendous voice. RIP

anagallis_arvensis

I heard he choked to death on a chocolate bar, it was a careless wispa…

😆

DezB
    Free Member

Dunno why but it bugged me that they said Careless Whisper was by Wham in Deadpool!
    [video]https://youtu.be/FDKFPkM23Rc[/video]

jambalaya
    Free Member

NZ interesting story, a bit sad really. I couldn’t deal with being famous, no privacy and surrounded by physcophants.

Gary after having to apologise on the Prince thread I thought it was too soon for any Last Christmas jokes

scotroutes

2016: the year that keeps on taking.
    I reckon it’s building up to the Queen for the finale.

Careful. I suggested the same thing yesterday and my post was deleted.

hora
    Free Member

I’d rather not have the Queen comments. Aside from she’s a human being and an elderly lady. She’s also our Monarch. Whether you believe or not.

ditch_jockey
    Free Member

she’s a human being

I believe that’s disputed in some quarters?

ulysse
    Free Member

What “human being” could live in opulence while it’s “subjects” froze and starved to death?

project
    Free Member

Christmas day will forever be seen as the aniversary of George Michaels death a fitting tribute to a great performer and talented singer.

hora
    Free Member

How can some ride on bicycles costing 100 times what another has and has little food to eat.

What a terrible argument. All her assets, do you think she can sell up and liquidise/spend her money?

km79
    Free Member

She could if she wanted to, why couldn’t she? Much rather scrounge of the taxpayer though and let much of her extended family into the deal as well. Could do without the lot of them. Hopefully when she pops her clogs we will see some sense and make some major changes.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

“Stand down George..”

km79 – Member

She could if she wanted to, why couldn’t she? Much rather scrounge of the taxpayer though and let much of her extended family into the deal as well. Could do without the lot of them. Hopefully when she pops her clogs we will see some sense and make some major changes.

Strewth

hora
    Free Member

Well schools are off at the moment.

DrJ

She’s also our Monarch.

Which means what, exactly?

ctk
    Free Member

[video]https://youtu.be/gwZAYdHcDtU[/video]

Awesome eff off to everyone- truly fantastic!

Cougar

I heard he choked to death on a chocolate bar, it was a careless wispa…

That’s a cleaner version of the joke that did the rounds when he was arrested for cottaging.

Was never a huge fan myself, but I was shocked to hear he’d died, 57 is no age to go. Heart failure apparently. Shame.

choppersquad
    Free Member

How can a sad thread about a musicians death turn into an argument about The Queen?

Harry_the_Spider

…because some people can’t help themselves. 🙄

ulysse
    Free Member

All George Micheal dirty secrets are all coming out the woodwork upon is his death.
    It turns out he was a massive secret philanthropist, donating all royalties from certain hits to charity dear to his heart.
    George was my kind of guy.

jekkyl

Wadda ya reckon, cocaine?

ulysse
    Free Member

Could be, with heart failure and all.
    I still don’t think any less of him, but I suppose after years of hanging around musos and producers, I ain’t shocked by recreational drug use

chewkw
    Free Member

A talented person.

RIP Mr Georgios Kyriacos Panayiotou.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Bloody foreigners. Coming over here and stealing our jobs hearts.

chewkw
    Free Member

eddiebaby – Member
    Bloody foreigners. Coming over here and stealing our jobs hearts.

Crikey … what is that supposed to mean?

newrobdob
    Free Member

I took it to me he moved here, made some songs which really spoke to some people and they took him into their hearts?

But then I don’t think the worst of everything I read. 😉

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Sorry. I hoped it was clear. The usual phrase is the hateful stealing jobs thing. He contributed a lot to music. And despite my suggestion otherwise he was born here. Meant as a respectful joke. Sorry if it came across otherwise.

twistedpencil

eb, I read it the way you intended it, nothing to worry about.

RIP George.

chewkw
    Free Member

ok.

wallop

eb, I read it the way you intended it, nothing to worry about.

Ditto

jambalaya
    Free Member

I took it to me he moved here, made some songs which really spoke to some people and they took him into their hearts?

It was a troll. He was born in Finchley. He was as British as am I.

maccruiskeen

they took him into their hearts?

and the very next day…..

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 94 total)

The topic ‘Stand down George..’ is closed to new replies.