Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stand by your man, Prostate Awareness Campaign
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.itv.com/news/topic/prostate-cancer/

This Sunday, Fathers day on ITV1 there is a play about Prostate Cancer, One man dies from prostate cancer every 49 minutes – more than 10,000 every year,my Dad being one of them.
    More than 40,000 men are diagnosed with prostate cancer every year
    One in eight men will get prostate cancer

Please watch it, read the website information and if worried get checked out, talk to your mates down the pub and at work,treatments are available.

matt_outandabout

^ wot he said.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’m available for a massage if anyone would like to practise.

Edukator
    Free Member

I had the test, routine here in France along with bowel cancer testing every two years after 50.

I’m surprised it’s only one in eight, my memory says much higher – half the men over certain age die with it but not necessarily of it. I need to Google but can’t be bothered.

samuri
    Free Member

And am I right in saying that that gene that Angelina had, if that’s in men then the chances of getting prostrate cancer increase dramatically too?

Davesport

I’m 50 & there’s a family history.

I’ve just had my PSA test done & the rubber gloved finger 👿 Choose a doctor with small digits, I just about passed out…Ohhya barsteward 😯

Everything’s fine in that dept thankfully but I was walking funny for the rest of the day.

Nuff said !

avdave2

I’ve had a test recently – nothing to it to be honest. I have a friend who was diagnosed with it at 47. He’s been treated and so far all looks good.

Brainflex

I had a check done, laid on the table, doc’s finger up me, he says, “don’t worry its normal to get an erection” I replied “I haven’t” he then says “I know but I have” 😕

MoreCashThanDash

Definitely worth reminding people about – I did Movember last year and the number of women of a certain age in the office who said “ooh!, my husband should go and get checked….”

(They also said “You look a right prat with that growth on your lip”)

Dibbs
    Free Member

I recently went through a course of cancer treatment and it seemed the every other man at the treatment centre was being treated for Prostate cancer.

jamj1974

PSA test much more accurate than digital examination. Many more men would get tested if PSA was proposed and understood as main test because of embarrassment factor.

project
    Free Member

usual silly responces,and absoutely no reason for not getting checked out, the sooner you find youre clear or at risk the sooner treatment can start.

matt_outandabout

jambalaya
    Free Member

Had the old fashioned test every year from 40 as part of work medical 😯 then discovered there’s a blood test which is more accurate 8)

Get tested

Davesport

PSA test much more accurate than digital examination. Many more men would get tested if PSA was proposed and understood as main test because of embarrassment factor.

My GP informed me thus. PSA test is accurate but can give false positives. Digital exam was advised as optional but (could be) much better at detecting early stage malignancy as tumours tend to form on the outside of the prostate first.

I don’t like that picture of Merkel 😯 Whatever you think of Silvio Berlusconi, his quote about her was correct 😀

Sandwich

It’s when the doc says “brace yourself, I’m coming in dry!” that gets me worried. Enlarged prostates in the family here and I’m now 50 so I don’t fancy my chances.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stand by your man, Prostate Awareness Campaign’ is closed to new replies.