Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Stand by wallpapering, where are the plumbers.
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

So I’ve taken my lounge radiator off to strip the old paper, and there’s a bit of a drip from one of the pipes, as well as gallons of black gunk in the radiator, now flushed out in the garden.

In my loft there’s a wee tank next to the big tank. I turned off the water into that, then shoved a bit of garden hose into one of the bits were the radiator joined the pipe, and opened the valves again until the alternatively black then rusty water stopped. So I guess that’s my CH system mostly drained (so the leak can be fixed) and because 1) I’ve already got a radiator off and 2) they were evidently full of crap, this would seem like a good time to clean the system and refill it with some of that magic potion added.

Am I right in thinking I can do it all from just the one room? Shutting off all the radiators and just opening up one at a time, or keep them all open? And probably best to refill the system and add some cleaner stuff for a couple of days first?

What am I missing?

crikey
    Free Member

You’re missing the information that you don’t take radiators off to strip wallpaper.

nickdavies
    Free Member

I’d say your missing a soil pipe if all your wee gets stored in a tank in the loft…. 😉

*gets coat

thegreatape
    Free Member

You’re missing the information that you don’t take radiators off to strip wallpaper

But when there’s a drip behind the plasterboard somewhere that I want sorted before I put my new floor down? (the drip was there prior to taking radiator off, not as a result of doing so)

crikey
    Free Member

But when there’s a drip behind the plasterboard somewhere that I want sorted before I put my new floor down?

I’d call the plumber before I took it off, not after, but hey…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Stand by wallpapering, where are the plumbers.’ is closed to new replies.