Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Stalked by a Mountain Lion
  • jimjam
    Free Member

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4FbHzeCJjM[/video]

So you think dogs are a nuisance on trails?

exupmonkey
    Free Member

Thats one beautiful animal! Don’t think I’d be so cool if I came face to face with it though. #shitmaself!

tonyd

Wow, very calm. Cubs nearby perhaps?

jimjam
    Free Member

tonyd – Member

Wow, very calm. Cubs nearby perhaps?

Probably not. My guess would be it was stalking him with the intention of eating him. They are ambush predators . It might have thought more of it when the mountain biker confronted it.

When I was in B.C many years ago there was a report on the radio about a mountain biker being killed by a cougar. Apparently it followed him for 15k before jumping off a ridge above the trail.

Speshpaul

Stalked by a mountain Lion!
    It was the silent phone calls that bothered me the most.

I think its a juvenile, not sure whether to kill him or shag him.

mtbfix

I love the way that the cougar behaves just like my cats in the garden. Stalk something for a while and when it realises it has been spotted it has a casual sniff of something like that’s what it came over here for.

redthunder
    Free Member

Shag him, then kill him and then shag him again.

martinhutch

I think its a juvenile, not sure whether to kill him or shag him.

Reminded me of this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzzjgBAaWZw[/video]

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

That was a big fear of mine doing some solo rides in BC this summer.

They have been watching & following you for a whole lot longer than before you spot them.

I wouldn’t have wanted to get into a situation with one.

redthunder
    Free Member

[url=https://flic.kr/p/zLUyYU]Trail Cat[/url] by SGMTB, on Flickr

SaxonRider

When I was in B.C many years ago there was a report on the radio about a mountain biker being killed by a cougar. Apparently it followed him for 15k before jumping off a ridge above the trail.

I remember that. Same thing happened to a woman in Banff, but in her case, a passing MTBer used his bike to fight the cat, and the thing ran off.

I am sure that I have told this story on here, but I was riding in Kamloops, BC, when, after about an hour’s grind up a mountainside, I had the funniest sense that I was being stalked.

It was probably just my senses overreacting, but I decided to turn and hightail it downhill. I have never ridden so fast in my life, and know that I would not have ridden most of what I did that day at that speed if I wasn’t riding in terror.

Ah, the joys of riding in Canada. 😕

EDIT: Incidentally, the guy in the video seems to handle it all very well.

AlexSimon

Weird fake growls in the middle of that. Very odd thing to do with the video.

jimjam
    Free Member

SaxonRider

I remember that. Same thing happened to a woman in Banff, but in her case, a passing MTBer used his bike to fight the cat, and the thing ran off.

I am sure that I have told this story on here, but I was riding in Kamloops, BC, when, after about an hour’s grind up a mountainside, I had the funniest sense that I was being stalked.

It was probably just my senses overreacting, but I decided to turn and hightail it downhill. I have never ridden so fast in my life, and know that I would not have ridden most of what I did that day at that speed if I wasn’t riding in terror.

Ah, the joys of riding in Canada.

EDIT: Incidentally, the guy in the video seems to handle it all very well.

I’m hoping to get back there in a few years. If I’m riding solo, I’m packing heat 😈

100mphplus
    Free Member

We spooked one in the undergrowth about 2m from the trail in Pemberton 2 years ago, I nearly shat myself!! Then about 300m later, round a corner, a rider coming in the opposite direction warned us a mountain lion just ran across the trail!!

matt_outandabout

We were in Banff the week after someone had been attacked by one – and were warned to stay away from a couple of the trails. This was 18 years ago…

Add in a moonlit, romantic walk interrupted by howling Coyote’s, it made the few days we were there hiking and biking rather exciting….!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Stalked by a Mountain Lion’ is closed to new replies.