Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Stainburn – worth riding at the moment?
  • wl
    Free Member

Anyone know if Stainburn is worth a visit at the moment? Are the trails (official and cheeky) still there and still rideable? Not been for a couple of years and I’ve seen pictures which suggest there’s been loads of tree felling. Thanks for any info and tips.

jakd95
    Free Member

It’s been a few months since I’ve been up there but all the official stuff was still there then, around where the felling took place (below the road) as is the cheeky stuff (above the road).

airvent
    Free Member

Not worth it unless it’s less than half an hour away. Theres really only one official trail left, which is a really good one, but the black trail is dead. Its technically still rideable but it’s not much fun in it’s current guise.

This is just my opinion though.

bikebouy
    Free Member

It’s rideable, but it’s now a disappointment TBH since the felling killed off the left trail section. You can still have a great few hours if you link into your ride the upper forest section with the trail bit over the road.

markhammill
    Free Member

stainburn is always worth a visit the left trail has mostly been repaired last time i was there plus over the road should be interesting now lol

RicB

Above is mostly rubbish

Both red loops are fully open and riding well.

The black (both ‘loops’) are open and almost fully rebuilt bar a couple of short sections still being tweaked. They ride well, although they’re easier not the trees have gone as the rocks are no longer covered in green shiny Teflon. Depending on how good a rider you are this will be disappointing or of huge relief!

And there’s a pump track.

Enough man made stuff for 60-90mins so long as you’re ok sessioning a few bits.

Stuff above the road will be snotty though

bikebouy
    Free Member

Above is mostly rubbish

🤪🤣

airvent
    Free Member

The pump track is past it, it needs rebuilt unless this has been done in the last 12 months.

tomhoward

The pump track is past it, it needs rebuilt unless this has been done in the last 12 months.

It has, and is pretty good now.

wl
    Free Member

Cheers for these, I reckon we’ll give it a go.

rsl1
    Free Member

Ignore the grumpy shits up there the black is pretty much fully rebuilt and feels like it has a new lease of life. The pump track was rebuilt ages ago which really shows how up to date some of the comments are…

More and more trails are popping up over the road, just follow your nose and prepare to get muddy

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

All sounds like I may have to drag myself up there for a play sometime!

chestrockwell

Me too!

swedishmetal
    Free Member

Love the comments from people who haven’t been in months but seem to think they know what it’s like now. Muppets. 🙄

bikebouy
    Free Member

If thats aimed at me, I was there last week… and a month ago clearing the trails.

It is disappointing on the left, yes some of the trails are returning but you can’t replace the techy bit under the trees cos’ the trees aint there.

greenskin
    Free Member

OP, how far away are you? If you’re close to the A1 i’d suggest Kilburn as another option…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Stainburn – worth riding at the moment?’ is closed to new replies.