Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Stages power cranks
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Am wondering what they do with all the RH arms and chainrings? Assume they can just buy the LH arms but it wouldn’t surprise me if there is a big bin of RH arms somewhere out there!

Anyone got theirs yet? Tempted by one for the TT bike.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They’ll just be buying left hand crank arms. It’s amazing what you can order OEM if you want to.

njee20
    Free Member

Anyone can buy LH crank arms, but I imagine they’ve done deals with the suppliers.

They do look interesting, someone on here had longevity problems, but seemed to have been sorted on the latest one.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Yes it does sound like most issues are getting sorted. Someone from the local road club had problems with the sealing but he got it replaced with a new version that’s been fine for a while now. Their warranty experience was good too from what I heard.

Can you buy them as a complete chainset? I’m sure I saw this as an option not the Stages website a while back.

zangolin
    Free Member

This is one of the best reviews and up to date links regarding the Stages PM.
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/06/stages-review-update.html

whatnobeer
    Free Member

I really fancy a set but I’m not racing at the moment or training hard enough to justify one. Plus they don’t come in Italian flavours and I’m not putting Shimano or SRAM on my road bike.

timdb
    Free Member

Earlier ones were poorly sealed, and failure seemed to be pretty common if they got wet, and there were also battery problems. Firmware has seemingly fixed the battery draining issues, and the latest build has hopefully fixed the waterproofing.
    Just had my latest XT replacement crank through but am yet to ride it..

TiRed

Broken two (poor seals) and need to update the firmware on the latest one as it seems to be draining battery. Despite all those problems, I’m still a fan. Mine is covered in a piece of inner tube and taped at each end. Although it sounds bad, you wouldn’t notice.

My review is on the dvrainmaker site. That being said, I still like my PowerCal, which I have compared to the Stages favorably.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Stages power cranks’ is closed to new replies.