Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Stage 5 pivot working loose !
  • sheepshifter
    Free Member

Replaced bearings, since there’s been on every ride a god awful creak and towards the end of the ride they are loose, help ? Cheers

coatesy
    Free Member

May or may not help you,but we found the bearings needed fitting with medium strength retaining compound, any we hadn’t used it on creaked badly.(RS components is a good place to buy it from, part no. 908-2770 , about a tenner + vat for a large bottle).

chakaping
    Free Member

Do you mean the pivot bolt is coming loose?

I had that on my stage 6 for a while when the soft bolt head started to round out and I couldn’t torque it up enough.

If that might be the case here, then in the short term I’d suggest grabbing a spare brake mounting bolt and whacking that in instead, to see if it cures things.

I believe I contacted Orange about purchasing new bolts and they posted me some free. But the brake bolt would have been fine forever TBH.

On a side note, I was riding some fast, twisty off camber trails when the problem emerged and the extra flex between front and rear felt amazing – and allowed me some Strava heroics.

😀

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.