Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Stag Do – Newcastle
  • Wrongun
    Free Member

Hi. I am helping to orginise a Stag doo in the toon. Does anyone have any good/bad experiences, recommendations etc? We are planning to go to "curry hell" one night, and am looking for somewhere to eat on the 2nd night.

cheers

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

I had my stag do there – it was a good laugh, pretty much standard fare for a stag. The first night was the most fun as we went up towards the student area and the bars were nicer. The second night was the night of the England v Portugal match at the last WC so there were quite a few very drunk people around and we went right into the centre of the locals drinking area (Haymarket?)

I couldn't recommend where to eat as I just followed the lead of the best man, but I do remember the event of where we ate on the second night as I had a very nubile young waitress sitting on my knee applying make-up (I was dressed 'like a lady' so she made my make-up match the dress…)

wrightyson
    Free Member

Lovely race course if you're doing the horses, we had a mint time there. Greatest bouncers around in the town. Been out in most cities and I still swear toon land will always let groups of lads in, unlike to name a few Birmingham and York! All we got was haaway lads in ya come. Thoroughly enjoyed Newcastle on two stag do's!

dickydutch

For bars etc, I'd head to the area around the station (Collingwood Street).
    If youre after somewhere to eat and like asian food, Id recommend Little Saigon on Bigg Market. Steer clear of Bigg Market for drinks though – bloody awful god forsaken place.
    Also steer clear of The Gate. Scumbag central.

If you like Italian, theres a brilliant little Italian called Panni's on High Bridge Street (I think). May be worth phoning up to book though as it gets busy.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

i was there for a mate's 30th the other weekend. it was good fun but we dubbed it 'the city that goes to sleep at 11.30pm' as we struggled to find anywhere open for food… and that was a saturday!

Drac

Well there's plenty MrK most of the Indian restaurants are open to midnight or into the early hours.

Drac

Oh and I haven't made any suggestions for Bars as not been out in Newcastle for along time now so kind of lost track of them.

Quayside and around central Station area should be the best bet. Try the Big Market but be prepared it's errr lively.

dickydutch

Quayside is dead now. All the bars seem to be located around central station now.

Drac

Blimey I am out of touch.

carbon337
    Free Member

Jesmond for some posh totty or day time sess then metro (5-10 mins) to central station bars. Nothing much on quayside these days really. It's quite a small center so you will find the busy places easily. Again avoid bigg Market unless your 18 yr old chav.

MrKmkII
    Free Member

drac – yeah, we found places in the centre. but we'd just left there to go back to the hotel area! we were under the impression that the hotel was in a studenty area so kebab shops should abound? nope, back in a taxi to pretty much where we'd left… weird.

Drac

I reckon you've missed something if you want kebabs there's loads open all over the place. The west
    road for example is a wash with them.

chewkw
    Free Member

Ya, just go to the Gate … plenty of loose women there … LOL!

angryratio
    Free Member

if you go to the likes of the bars on mosely street and appear to have more than a tenner you'll be popular with the local slags who have ideas above humble stations.

Avoid anything orange in ill fitting shoes.

Mackem

Just remember the dress code is anything with black and white stripes.

Drac

And short sleeve shirts as it's summer now, if it had been winter it would be strictly short sleeve shirts. Don't get the seasons mixed up.

Mackem

Oh yes, and nighties for girls.

qcamel
    Free Member

Hi..This is my area of expertise. Not than I am a regular marrier or best man but because the leisure business in Newcastle is my job..How many of you are coming up, where are you staying and when are you here? You will have problems as a stag group in certain venues, but by pre-planning you ca often resolve. Let me know your plans via PM and I will help all I can
    Ollie

Drac

Hmmmm I wonder where you work with that alias.

Drac

Good point mackem and remember girls if you have lots of folds and rolls it has to be a super short and tight nightie.

qcamel
    Free Member

Hmmmm I wonder where you work with that alias.

Hmmm, if only it were that simple……Its a convoluted and boring story that involves too much alcohol..
    😳

CaptJon
    Free Member

Please don't come to Newcastle. If you do decide to do come, stick to the bars around the station.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Stag Do – Newcastle’ is closed to new replies.