Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • SSUK17 6 weeks to go 39 places left! who is coming
  • postierich
    Free Member

SSUK17 a not for profit bike event is only 6 weeks away.
    £33 quid gets you a weekend ticket which includes camping,ride entry, food in the evening and a bacon butty in the morning,live music and a Brewery 5 minutes ride away with Kirkby Lonsdale Brewery suppling the drinks on site.
    All you need is a single speed and a sense of humour to tackle some of the local trails and some cash to buy some loverly beer and raffle tickets.
    There will be a pizza van on site on the Friday for you weary travellers
    https://www.ssuk17.com click on the eventbrite bit to enter
    Part of the route 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Wa5iUe]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/V85Bfi]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

singlespeedstu

Will there be an uplift?
    If there is I’ll enter.

postierich
    Free Member

just come for the beers Stu £15 gets you an entry to the cycling festival for the weekend could do with some marshalls 🙂

Rich

somafunk

Don’t worry stu, I’ll attach a bungee cord to your bike and tow you up the hills on my e-bike “cough” single speed “cough” …….nothing to see here….move along now……

postierich
    Free Member

Kenny not sorted a charging points yet please bring a spare battery 🙂

singlespeedstu

Thinking about it I do have some singlespeed tat I need to sell. I’ll check if we’ve got anything on that weekend and maybe have a drive up.
    Ill gladly help marshal if we can make it.

postierich
    Free Member

Good idea will spread the word SS tat bench sale this festival just gets better 🙂
    Think Charlie will take over most of the bench 🙂

somafunk

Don’t worry………..I’ll bring a long extension lead 😀

If we are having a Tat bench then i’ll bring my Soulcraft frame and my Salsa Juan Solo – could do with selling them.

mick_r

Funnily enough I’ve just come in from the brazing shed – one more evening and a rattle can of domestic appliance white will see it finished……

Rich, did you see the email about Alison & Jake able to marshall?

somafunk

D’ya want some sulwath bringing down mick?

mick_r

We’re up in October to stock up, but you could always bring along a few bottles of The Grace 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Might have got lost Mike will sort at the weekend!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’m in, I suspect I’ll walk the whole thing I’m so unfit and life keeps getting in the way of going for a ride!

postierich
    Free Member

most of it is rideable apparently!!
    Just had a email message is there any toilets!!! YES £600 QUIDS WORTH

John_Rowlands
    Free Member

Very tempted but cant afford it and live local anyways, have sent a message to offer myself as a volunteer.

MrSparkle

At the risk of sounding like Ringo, can I bring the dogs? The Mrs wouldn’t be riding so will be looking after them.

postierich
    Free Member

Dogs are ok as longs as they are super friendly 🙂
    John thats cool bring a bike though to get around
    Rich

postierich
    Free Member

34 tickets left entry will go up a tenner in August to cover extra costs as I am paying for my loos food seating so pay day is looming food has been confirmed at the More bakery is doing the fine food!

Rich

No single speed we can sort that select a gear then your gear shifter is taped up ! Simple

aa
    Free Member

Would 53×13 be a bit tall? 😯

A tat stall sounds like a good focal pointidea

Andy-R

I’d love to go, but it’d be too expensive for me, what with the boat fare for me and my van. A shame, serves me right for living here, of course.

postierich
    Free Member

Where are you Andy? possible lift car share

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

most of it is rideable apparently!!

I’ll be testing that statement I think! Rode 100miles (on the road) last week, according to STRAVA that’s 78 more than I did in the months April, May or June! The training plan is just commuting to work and hopeing for the best on the day!

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Want to come, but still trying to sort a passout as I’m also going to Afan path the end of Sept.

postierich
    Free Member

31 tickets left for you on the fencers!

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

One for next year i think, don’t imagine the (by then very recently) mrs brain would be pleased if i skipped the honeymoon.

postierich
    Free Member

Doubt there will every be another SSUK in the Lakes !!!

aa
    Free Member

This really does need to sell out.

mick_r

New bike all done. Shakedown ride tomorrow, then power flush and refill with inhibitor and we are good to go 🙂

somafunk

That’s quite some hip flask mick, i imagine i’ll need to bring 3 bottles of Balvenie to fill it.

postierich
    Free Member

Best start booking stuff my 2 weeks holiday is over so time to get my arse into gear there are 25 ride entries left with “spectator hangerons wife, mistresses” tickets are payable on the day

Rich

mick_r

Lads at the LBS suggested we bury an Irn Bru filled bladder inside and pretend to be drinking from it…..

Need to grind off the bottle bosses as they snag shorts. Beer can will have to fit in jersey pocket.

Rode it to work in road geared fixie mode the other week. Desperately wish I’d had a camera running as managed to (briefly) overtake a carbon roadie who was in full tri bar aero tuck 🙂 Think he was miffed as totally blanked me when he came back past…..

Rich – 2x marshal offer still stands. Dunno what time we’ll get there on the Friday but presume we can sort out on the day.

ontor
    Free Member

That singlespeed is “Rad”

joshvegas
    Free Member

Charge cooker Radiater?

postierich
    Free Member

yes fella will sort on the day

postierich
    Free Member

23 spots left I might break even at this rate!

aa
    Free Member

Still selling! For folks on the fence, do it. It’ll be a good weekend.

postierich
    Free Member

13 tickets left

postierich
    Free Member

Last push I promise not to mention it again 5 places left 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

SOLD OUT many thanks STW letting me post all for a good cause!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘SSUK17 6 weeks to go 39 places left! who is coming’ is closed to new replies.