Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)
  • SSUK 2015.
  • ontor
    Free Member

I gather it’s in Yorkshire – any idea of dates etc yet? Just hoping it won’t be the weekend before term starts this year.

benji
    Free Member

There is a facebook group and it is the 4th – 6th September.

If it’s as good as last year we are in for another treat.

postierich
    Free Member

Might have some proper hills this year 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

There some info in the edsbikes article on the front page.

ontor
    Free Member

It is the 4th – 6th September.

Well that’s a load of bobbins. Almost the only weekend I can’t justify going is the one before new school year and 2014 and 15 have both picked it.

Off to have a sulk.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Y’shire?

W’bouts?

Anywhere near R’ogate?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Y’shire?

W’bouts?

It’s at Duncombe Park.

Clink

It is the 4th – 6th September.
    Well that’s a load of bobbins. Almost the only weekend I can’t justify going is the one before new school year and 2014 and 15 have both picked it.

Off to have a sulk.
    Don’t school terms start on the 1st Sept, so it’s the end of the first week back?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Ohh excellent, it’s nice up there.

Diary booked.

Hope they use other media not just Facebook to let everyone know..

everyone
    Free Member

N-n-necro post! So this is in 2 weeks time, I’m guessing there’s going to be a fair few on here going.

What are people riding (and more importantly, what gear are you running?)

nedrapier

58/11 fixed 36er tall bike.

alexpalacefan

22/34
    14″ wheels full suss.

APF

letmetalktomark

ontor – Member

Off to have a sulk.

is that a special SSulk?

andyv
    Free Member

Undecided between the common in yarkshire but brutally efficient O-O Lurcher on 32/18, Or monumentally heavy but slightly more interesting Trek Sawyer on a more easily span up 30/18.

everyone
    Free Member

I’ll be going with my Soma B-Side (it’s orange, you can’t miss it) with probably 34-18.

tazzymtb

I’ll be riding something niche, main thing is I wont have to entertain you buggers and make sure you have a nice time etc… i can just get drunk in a corner and heckle wayne for not being as singlespeedy as us 😀

dawson

I’ll be on a Kona Unit on 32:18 and hopefully a full set of intact collarbones

emyr

Same as last year except with different tyres and a fresh Bushnell eccentric because I think the drive side threads on mine are stripped.

Salsa Juan Solo, Pace RC31 mag rigid forks, 26″ wheels, but disc brakes so no retrogrouch category for me.

DrP

I’ll be SSulking at home too.
    I couldn’t get my jabs in time, so travel as far ‘oop there’ as Yourkshireville isn’t possible for DrP and his motley Southern Shandy Drinking Red Bus driving kru (that means ‘crew’ in gangster chat (that means talk))

DrP

nedrapier

Wot, none of them?

postierich
    Free Member

32:17 might put a 16 on as apparently there are no hills 😉
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pfiQCg]10348296_10152800243016474_5126971939183689115_n[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

rOcKeTdOg

the beard is going, I’m not

DrP

Nope Ned – none of us.
    This partae will SSuk…!

DrP

singlecrack
    Free Member

I may bring some proper westcountry cider .up

everyone
    Free Member

Nay lad we don’t do that foreign muck up north. It’ll be proper beer an’ nowt else!

tazzymtb

Bearing in mind that the north wouldn’t know decent ale is danced across the dales with a marching band singing “la la la im decent ale” best bring some cider mr cornish… the yarkshire folk are too tight fisted to spend money on decent beer so it’ll be drip tray special and breakfast with 5 use tea bags hung out to dry as ” theeers plenty moooah life in that un yet, youth…gerit darn thee neck” etc…

this could be the most frugal ssuk ever 😀

the only they have beards is to save ont razors n heatin

tazzymtb

Its also why they talk in a comedy regional dialect that relies on using less letters than everyone else…even tight with the alphabet

ontor
    Free Member

Anyone for a West Country single speed champs next year? I know a good venue and an idiot that’ll organise it…

tazzymtb

Get ya hosting bids in to wayne early for decisions at the event

takisawa2

even tight with the alphabet

🙂

everyone
    Free Member

Well we do all have short arms and deep pockets taz!

epicyclo

1998 RatRide 1×1.

Gearing to be decided but seeing as Postierich says there’s no hills, probably 53/13.

I may even ride down from the real North.

schmiken

34/18 on my 650B Kinesis Decade. Should be fun!

emyr

apparently there are no hills

https://www.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/osmaps/

YO62 5EB

Duncombe Park House is on a gentle slope, but between that and the River Rye there are some tightly packed contours in the woods.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Had the email so time to get reet proper excited ‘appen like

What tyres for yokkshire bimbling.???

igm

Round ‘uns.

You some sort of southerner?

igm

ontor – Member
    Anyone for a West Country single speed champs next year? I know a good venue and an idiot that’ll organise it…

West Country? Haworth, Hebden Bridge, that sort of area?

nedrapier

I stole all but one of my wife’s gears last night. I softened the blow with some prettier replacement bits, so she’s OK with it.

Quite happy with the way it’s worked out. I had spare Deore brakes from when they were £14 an end on CRC, new bars and grips. So the old bars come off, with grips, levers and shifters still on, with all the cables hanging off. Full length gear outers too, so the derrs can stay all tensioned up.

Now 1×1 bars and 2×10 bars can swapped over relatively quickly. Relatively. Still got spacers and front ring to mess about with, though. Hooray for cheap brakes and buying more than I needed. Nice to have a splurgey buying decision finally come good!

mattjg
    Free Member

hey all

My ride* for the event is going to be a Buffalo Bike from http://www.uk.worldbicyclerelief.org

It’s singlespeed with a coaster brake, semi slicks, weighs 50 pounds and can carry a couple of goats on the back, so it’s going to be absolutely perfect.

£95 gets one of these into the hands of someone so they can get to school, clinic or market. The bike will be there for anyone to try.

I’m inviting donations, reckon we can raise enough between us to pay for a couple? (Obviously I’m paying all my own costs, 100% of any donation goes to WBR).

Thanks to Wayne for being cool with this.

If you want to track me down I’ll be riding either a WBR shirt or Dorking Cocks. Any of the Cocks will be able to point you to me.

Thx.

* mostly it will be pushed

emyr

I’ve got a transport problem, in that my +1 has decided not to be, and I haven’t got round to buying a van yet…

Anyone able to give me a lift Friday night from near Knutsford/Altrincham/Stockport about 6pm, or from Central Manchester or Bolton later on? Also, a lift home to Bolton on Sunday?

Alternatively, where sells vans for under £2k near the aforementioned places which might be open beyond 5pm on weeknights?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘SSUK 2015.’ is closed to new replies.