Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • SS Cyclo cross frames
  • ironbrucove

Are there any reasonably priced alternatives to the On One Pompetamine frame? http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/FROOPO135/on_one_pompetamine_frame

Been looking for a Genesis Day One discs but there downt seem to be many 2nd hand ones about.

Want to build up a low maintainence SS for hacking about (training??) and awful mud race days. I’ve probabley got all the bit I need apart from frame/fork and brake lever so I don’t really want a full bike unless they are cheap.

Any recommendatins?

MussEd
    Free Member

There was a nice looking Singular(i think) on classifieds last night…much nicer looking than a Pomp but more £££…

just encouraging you to buy it so the temptation goes away!

mugsys_m8

cross check? Short headtube though Mr. Cooper.

mugsys_m8

or even the new straggler. Or when they get launched. There might be 1 or 2 s/h cross checks when the straggler gets launched maybe as people will want discs

ironbrucove

Forgot to mention i’m tall! MussEd, if that were a Large Kite I’d have bit your had off as it would compliment my Swift nicely :wink:.

Cross Check doesn’t take disc does it Mugsys_m8, it would have to be their new one whihc ain’t reasonably priced for my 3rd crosser!

bentudder

Try a second hand Spec Tricross if you can find one. Lovely bike.

MussEd
    Free Member

Forgot to mention i’m tall! MussEd, if that were a Large Kite I’d have bit your had off as it would compliment my Swift nicely :wink:.

It’s not mine – I was slavering over it last night, but now you mention it, think it’d be too wee for me too! Phew, glad it’s out of the way now!

john_l
    Free Member

It’s a bargain at £275. Love mine.

Sheriff_Fatman

The Kite does feel quite ‘big’ – that’s why I’m selling it 🙂

john_l
    Free Member

I’ve got a full carbon Kinesis DC09 fork for sale too, if anyone’s interested. 🙂

TiRed

Why does it need to be SS specific? You’d be better off with a conventional vertical dropout and singlespeed chain tensioner. This you will find if you ever need to change a wheel in a race.

Having said that, I’ve just converted my Genesis ioid to SSCX with crest rims, hope hoops, swallow mtb drop bars and Cx Pro 26″ tyres, so what do I know.

simon1975

What’s wrong with the On-one? I think they’re fabulous and even better now they have increased tyre clearance.

MussEd
    Free Member

Oh and Sheriff Fatman, singulars blurb categorically states that the kite is NOT for commuting, so I’m afraid I’m out! GLWTS though, lovely frame…

Sam

the kite is NOT for commuting, so I’m afraid I’m out!

Not for commuting in the sense that it does not have rack or mudguard mounts, certainly it is possible to commute on one, just that it’s not specifically designed with that in mind – I have other models for that.

MussEd
    Free Member

Sam, it’s ok I don’t take all marketing speak as gospel, I do believe I could get to work and home on this beauty. It’s too small that’s all. And I can’t really afford a new one at the minute, but I’ll keep an eye open on any coming up for sale!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘SS Cyclo cross frames’ is closed to new replies.