Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sram XX1 chainset with X2 1X12??
  • andylc
    Free Member

Does anyone more cleverer than me know if I can upgrade to XT 1X12 and keep my Sram XX1 chainset (it’s the slightly older 4 bolt design which fits the narrow-wide chain) or will I need to get a new XT chainset as well? I’m unsure if the 1X12 chain is compatible with XX1…??
    Thanks in advance!

andylc
    Free Member

Obviously I meant to write XT on the title…

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Yes it’s fine, you will likely need to use a sram powerlink on the the chainring instead of the shimano one but other than that you’ll be fine

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    leeroysilk
    Free Member

I don’t see why not. I’m running Eagle X01 derailleur and cassette with XT cranks, Absolute Black (Shimano) 12 speed chainring and XTR 12 speed chain. No issues whatsoever, all is cross compatible so don’t see why you couldn’t run it the other way round.

Onzadog
    Free Member

The shimano chain is needed to get the most out of the hyperglide plus. However, the shumano chain has chamfers on the inside of the plates that doesn’t work with all chainrings.

Absolute Black and Wolftooth both have compatible rings.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

The chain works on any of the rings I’ve tried so far (hope, sram and ab oval)

The quiklink shimano produce is tighter and only really works on some chainrings( didn’t work on the hope ring)

To remedy the above a sram powerlink cures it

mattbee

Shimano chain didn’t work on a Praxis Wave chainring but is fine on an Eagle ring. I’ve used a KMC quick link as I had one.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sram XX1 chainset with X2 1X12??’ is closed to new replies.