Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SRAM XG1150 10-42t Cassette Range Extender?
  • Matt24k
    Free Member

Hybrid 1×11 with 44t on the front and XD Driver 10-42 XG1150 cassette on the back. After a lower climbing gear without lowering the top speed.
    There are several options for the XX and other top end cassettes but the XG1150 is a pinned together design. Is it possible to unpin the 42t and fit a 46/48t or any other options without spending £100+ ?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Not that I’m aware of. As you say, only the 1195 and 1199 cassettes can be modified.

Smaller ring (and higher cadence) is the answer.

joemmo
    Free Member

very much doubt you can unpin the cassette without wrecking it. What speed are you hoping to sustain ? I’d stick a 40 on the front and just freewheel over 30mph 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Sounds like you need one of these…

And a double chainset obvs.

Matt24k
    Free Member

Thanks for some of the responses 😉
    I think another option is to go 12 speed for less than the cost of an X0 cassette and range extender. This keeps all the current 11 ratios the same but adds a 12th 50t bail out gear.
    GX 12 Speed Upgrade Kit

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SRAM XG1150 10-42t Cassette Range Extender?’ is closed to new replies.

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.