Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Sram xd driver cassette
  • orangepaul

Hi,
    Can anyone recommend a good value 10-42 11sp cassette. (They’re expensive compared to Shimano)
    Always run Shimano, so not much experience with the SRAM xd driver.

Cheers in advance

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

The Sram XG-1150 is your best bet, not cheap-cheap but not expensive by modern standards and they can last two years IME.

Sunrace do one as well, but I don’t think it’s any cheaper, is probably heavier and definitely more fiddly.

If the 1150 is too pricey for you new, I have a few part-used ones I’ve amassed and could sell one of them.

Premier Icon dannyh
    Subscriber

^^^^

As above, they aren’t cheap, but they do seem to last ages compared to Shimano, so value-for-money-wise a good bet.

Premier Icon swanny853
    Subscriber

As above, friend of mine has something like 4 or 5 years on an xg1150. That’s not been low mileage or light/easy use, but he has kept on top of changing the chains. Got up to four or five changed early and then cycled back through.

Onzadog

What’s the hub? Long term, might be cheaper to switch freehub body and run Shimano/Sunrace.

orangepaul

@ Onzadog It’s a dt Swiss 350 hub,was think about changing the free hub, but I think I may just stay with the xd driver,
    Swanny853 if you have one that would take a new chain I could well be interested too.

Thanks for the info too

stevehine

I’ve got two new-in-box 11speed XG 1150’s going spare if anyone is interested in a sensible offer for both / either

Was going to upgrade an old bike; but bought a new one with 12 speed instead 😀

orangepaul

@ stevehine just pmd you

Premier Icon swanny853
    Subscriber

You want chakaping, not me, I’m running mine into the ground!

Premier Icon chakaping
    Subscriber

PM me if you can’t do a deal on the new ones, but I’d recommend trying to do that TBH.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.