Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sram x9 rear deraillier, jockey wheel jammed
  • project
    Free Member

Well it jams intermitently, the small allen key hole to remove it has rounded, so cant get it apart, so how can i seperate the wheel from the cage,if i drill it out i need a new wheel and bolt, and does anyone please have a spare wheel and bolt.

Strangely it turns freely both ways and then suddenly jams a bit of pushing and turning frees it up, to rotate again.

Ps is it a warranty issue, bikes abiout 3 years old and a spesh 😯 😳

ChrisE
    Free Member

It will be the bearing inside the jockey wheel. mine goes after 6 months so you have done well! New bearing costs less than a quid on ebay. Need to take off the other bolt then try to turn the whole cage and free the bolt or drill it out. Having said that 3 years for a rear mech is good going so due for a new one!

C

project
    Free Member

well just drilled it out, the bolt appeared to made of cheese so soft, all the little balls ran for safety ,so looked for a replacement wheel,(jockey wheel that is)£19 .00 quid from CRC, bloody rip off,not CRC but Sram.

Not a happy bunny now.

moabmonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got some brand new still in original packet for sale £10 posted.

shedfull
    Free Member

Go for BBB replacement jockey wheels. The top X9 runs on a bushing but the BBB set replaces both with sealed cartridge bearings.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

I replaced my x9 jockey wheels with i x7 and they worked fine.

I suspect that these would fit too http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49731

As for getting the plate off, take out the other bolt and wind the cage off. Reverse the process to put it back on.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i have a spare if it is not too late cage and goodish bearings and jockey wheels any use?

jimbobrighton
    Free Member

http://www.cyclesportsuk.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=7418

bit cheaper than SRAM, though still incredibly expensive….

singletrackmind

When you put the new bearing in , fill the void with thick white grease . The gap between the silver plate and the bearing cover is large enough to hold the crud, the white gease wont stop the crud getting in there , but holds it outside of the bearings, then once a year wipe out the white ( now black ) grease and refill. Simples.

njee20
    Free Member

3 years and £19 for replacements? That’s a bargain, plenty of people kill mechs in less time.

I destroyed some XX ones in 3 hours, they’re £120.

Northwind

BBB Rollerboys are spot on and not expensive. Longer lasting than the SRAM originals.

njee20
    Free Member

I use Tacx ones, find they last well, but I don’t think they’re any cheaper than the SRAM ones!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sram x9 rear deraillier, jockey wheel jammed’ is closed to new replies.