Sram X9 10 Speed (ShortCage) Rear Mech Cassette Compatibility

Home Forum Bike Forum Sram X9 10 Speed (ShortCage) Rear Mech Cassette Compatibility

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Sram X9 10 Speed (ShortCage) Rear Mech Cassette Compatibility
  • endurokid

Hi,

Just looking to do a deal with a guy on here where I’ll be taking his X9 10 speed short cage rear mech, I’m looking at the Sram website and it says these will take up to a 36T cassette, is anyone using this set up?

For reference, my plan is as follows:

X9 short cage rear mech
    11-36 cassette
    32T ring
    1×10

Can anyone confirm this setup wil work?

Cheers

endurokid

Bump.

Anyone?

Premier Icon mboy
    Subscriber

X9 short cage will work fine with an 11-36 cassette and a single front ring. This is what it’s designed for. It won’t manage with 2 front rings though, that’s what the medium cage is for, and the long for 3 rings.

I’m using a Type 2 X9 short cage mech with a 32T Bling Ring and a 11-36 SRAM cassette.

All good and no chain issues. It’s as quiet as a church mouse too – Luvverly.

Premier Icon njee20
    Subscriber

It’ll be fine.

endurokid

Cheers guys, I thought this would be the case but always good to hear opinions on this set up.

Got exactly that on my hardtail.
    Nice quiet set up but a 32t could find you spinning out easily as I found. I went for a 34t up front in the end.

endurokid

I’m kinda thinking a 32 will help on the cimbs, but I suppose if I move from an 11/32 cassette to an 11/36 I’ll have a bigger range and easier climbing with the 34.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Sram X9 10 Speed (ShortCage) Rear Mech Cassette Compatibility’ is closed to new replies.