Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram X7/X9 10/11/12 Jockey Wheels, what's my options?
  • deanfbm
    Free Member

This is the first time shopping for jockey wheels, i’m struggling finding compatible ones.

The sram option-

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=49729

But are expensive and haven’t lasted long.

What are the compatibility issues i see listed on a lot of jockeys with sram x7/x9 2010?

I just want some cheap jockey wheels that work ok.

100mphplus
    Free Member

I got some sealed bearing, coloured alloy jockeys off ebay for £11 last month, great value and quality too.

z1ppy

BBB rollerboys from dotbike, was the type/place I got mine from, last time I needed some

deanfbm
    Free Member

100mphplus – any chance of linking me to said jockey wheels? Have you installed them yet? Working well?

z1ppy

TBH I very much doubt what 100mph+ got will not be X7/9 compatible. Check out KCNC jockey wheels.. lovely looking but not Sram compatible

gingerss
    Free Member

The BBB ones are x7 compatible and have sealed bearings. Can’t remember the model number, and they can be a bit elusive. If you get some they work well.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I couldn’t source jockey wheels for my ’10 X9, however I waltzed into my nearest Evans who found me a pair of Shimano nine speed Tacx jockey wheels which came with a plastic sprue carrying a multitude of adaptors for less than £19.

And guess what…they fit just fine.

But they’re not coloured metal and 😯

PaulD
    Free Member

Link to Dotbike for BBB Jockeys.

I have the Shimano flavour 10T and 11T versions and am very impressed.
    Open a seal and fill each cartridge bearing with grease before fitting, then ride and ride.

http://www.dotbike.com/p/3992

PaulD

sparkyrhino

Are both jockey wheels the same on a sram 2010 9 spd x7 ? Have seen a pair of ceramic bearing wheels on ebay ,which are marked as upper and lower,but the coloured alloy jockeys on e bay appear to be of one size ???

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram X7/X9 10/11/12 Jockey Wheels, what's my options?’ is closed to new replies.