Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram X0 ghost shifting
  • jonundercover
    Free Member

Hi,

My X0 rear mech has started ghost shifting in the higher gears, its not the indexing or the chain or the cassette as I replaced them all I’m pretty good at setting the gears up. The mech does seem to have some play in it, its over 18 months old and done alot of miles. Is the shifting due do the play in the mech or could it be somethinf else? I’m considering buying a new mech, X7 or X9 because X0 is silly money.

Thanks

ji
    Free Member

Have you checked the chain rings?

jonundercover
    Free Member

Yes they are pretty much brand new.

Junkyard
    Free Member

My old one had tons of pivot play and did not ghost shift so i doubt it is that.

What are the jockey wheels like as I have one with worn wheels but no play?
    If you are North west based i can lend it you to test the system

jonundercover
    Free Member

The jockey wheels seem ok and not very worn. thanks very much for the offer but I’m in South Wales. I’ll be annoyed if I buy a new mech and it still ghost shifts.

cheers

dirtydog
    Free Member

Full sus?

Check your gear outers are long enough as they can go slack when the suspension compresses.

Also check the outers aren’t cable tied too tightly to frame.

rickon
    Free Member

Did it start ghost shifting after you replaced the chain and cassette?

Have you replaced the cables? Or outers?

Chances are its the cable outer which has the metal poking out from the sheath at the ferrule end. This tends to flex under use, and will cause weird shifting.

Simple fix, take the cable out of the outer and trim the exposed metal, and reassemble.

Unlikely to be the mech, and play is normal.

coatesy
    Free Member

If it’s only doing it at one end of the cassette, try getting your LBS to check your mech hanger alignment with a proper tool.

shortcut

Either something is bent (hangar or cage) or you have put new cables on that are too short.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram X0 ghost shifting’ is closed to new replies.