Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SRAM Squeal and Guide R's
  • oikeith

Now the wet weather is back, the SRAM squeal has returned and it drives me mental, several people have suggested several different things, but I am not sure which to do and they all cost roughly the same! Options I have been advised:

Upgrade only the rotors to Shimano IceTech
    Upgade to Shimano XT brakes and use SRAM rotors
    Upgrade to Guide RS or RSC with same rotors

Has anyone else had this issue and remedied with either the above or something different?

13thfloormonk

I had some Level Ts, swapped rotors for Magura Storms (loads of extra cut-outs to give surface water somewhere to go) and pads for Uberbike Kevlar (currently out of stock..).

Improved things a fair bit, certainly WAY better than before, brought the squeeling back to acceptable levels instead of banshee like before.

Still ended up ditching the brakes altogether for TRPs, but the bike doesn’t do any serious off-road so I was happy to go cable, maybe not an option if it’s for an MTB.

Liftman

What disks do you currently have sram ones with the small circular holes or sram centreline with the elongated holes ?

chakaping
    Free Member

And are you using sintered pads?

FWIW my Guide R brakes are fine but my Guide RS can squeal in certain conditions.

motozulu
    Free Member

My RS carbon Guides on shimano floating rotors have never squealed, wsell only after going through a huge puddle and then on;y for a few seconds after.

oikeith

What disks do you currently have sram ones with the small circular holes or sram centreline with the elongated holes ?

Centreline

And are you using sintered pads?

Currently organic in the front and a 50/50 organic/sintered in the back

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Squeal and Guide R's’ is closed to new replies.