Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM shifter lever not springing back
  • thebunk

My 10 speed SRAM X9 shifter lever doesn’t spring back after each shift. Is there a spring that is likely to have unsprung, or is it just hard to dislodge muck?

I took the back off and sprayed it liberally with GT40 to try and shift all of the gunk, but it looks as though I need to delve further into the gubbins – it looks as though bits will fly off everywhere. Is this a bad idea?

pedalhead
    Free Member

similar problem was an easy fix on my 9-speed X0 shifter. Opened it up, re-positioned spring that had popped out of hole, closed back up again. 10-sp X9 may be different though I suppose.

strike
    Free Member

Common problem on the previous design 9-speed shifters. I tried following some instructions on line, but getting the whole thing back together was horrendous and I gave up in the end. If you can, try and get it warrantied.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thebunk

lol, thanks for the conflicting replies! Have taken off the easy bit, but all of the springs I can see are seated OK, so I think it is deeper inside. I take it that loosening the large bolt holding the lever on will make everything fall apart?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM shifter lever not springing back’ is closed to new replies.