Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sram S1000 – triple to double conversion ?
  • elredso
    Free Member

I have a sram S1000 crankset on my bike, as it is only a few months old, I don’t really want to foot teh cost of an outright replacement – but I don’t think I have ever had casue to use the 3rd ring.

As such I would like to convert it to a 22/36 double – smoother shifting – Im not really bothered by the weight

Is it possible to do this ? Sram sells a 22/36 double – but ideally I would like to remove the 44 and 33 rings and just add a 36 on – but I cant seem to see a 36 sram ring anywhere.

does anyone have experience of this ? Bike is a 2012 Jekyll

mrlugz
    Free Member

IMHO, ditch the bug ring for a bash, adjust the front mech stops and leave it at that.

If you’ve never used the big ring you’ll gain no benefit from changing the middle ring to a 36.

I have a similar sram chainset on my enduro, worked out cheaper to buy a cheap crankset and use the rings off it than it was to buy new rings.

Cheers

Alun

elredso
    Free Member

main reason for the 36 is i have a couple of raes coming up, with road sections linking bits, and know i will be spinning out the 33 – that said, maybe its just easier to put on the bash as you said

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sram S1000 – triple to double conversion ?’ is closed to new replies.