Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM S-1000 GXP PF chainset info please
  • Orange-Crush
    Free Member

I’m asking this on behalf of a friend (honest) and if the bike wasn’t 50 miles away I would just measure things myself.

Anyway, he’s got a Scott Spark 35 with the above chainset with a 26 tooth inner ring. He needs to lower the gearing but the well known chain who were to do so for him, having said there was no problem, have now taken a week and a half in obtaining the 24 tooth ring and haven’t got it yet. Today they tried fitting a 22 tooth but apparently “none of the holes line up” which they should have known from the start surely. I don’t know what type of ring they were using.

I’ve poked about on the net but can’t find any info. Does anyone know if a standard 4 hole ring will fit or are SRAM a unique size and where can rings for this be obtained if so?

Thanks

mlucas666
    Free Member

If its a 2×10 crank it’ll use 120/80 BCD chain rings, which is unique to SRAM/Truvativ.

Not sure about the triple S1000 model, but i think that one’s 104/64 BCD.

mtbfix

What he said. Usual PITA Truvativ crank design.

Rorschach
    Free Member

Fishers were out of stock for 4 weeks last time I tried ordering a sram double ring.
    Edit-if it is 80mm bcd (which I think it is) you can put smaller than a 26t ring on (well carbotech do a 25t but it’ll be about £100,000).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM S-1000 GXP PF chainset info please’ is closed to new replies.