Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • SRAM Rocket 9 spd shifter, SRAM 9 spd cassette, Zee 10 spd clutch mech, help!
  • colp

Hi,

Trying the famous Shimano 10 speed clutch mech with SRAM 9 spd shifter and cassette setup.
    I have a 2005 SRAM Rocket 9 speed shifter, works great with a Shimano XT shadow 9 speed mech.
    I just bought a Zee 10 speed mech, made the 6mm adaptor, but the leverage ratios are clearly well off.
    From 9th to 8th will shift Ok just about, then every shift afterwards is clearly not moving anything like far enough, so 4 shifts up will just about move it 3 gears. So the shifter runs out of gears/shift and the mech has only moved up to around 3rd gear.
    Either the shifter doesn’t move enough cable or the length of mech arm from pivot point to where the cable is clamped is too long.
    What have I missed, does the Rocket shifter have different pull to X7/X9?
    Help me Singletrackworld Kenobi, you’re my only hope. This is properly doing my head right in! ❓

wwaswas

Rocket will have Shimano pull ratio, not SRAM 🙁

colp

Ahaaaa,

thanks for the quick answer mate.
    So the X7/X9 has a different pull to the Rocket?

Might be time to treat myself to a new shifter then.

cheers fella

Col

njee20
    Free Member

Yes, the Rocket is a Shimano compatible shifter, hence it worked with the XT mech.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Rocket 9 spd shifter, SRAM 9 spd cassette, Zee 10 spd clutch mech, help!’ is closed to new replies.