Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • SRAM Rival sticky / ‘lazy’ piston … Solution?
  • hardtailonly

This is on my On One Pickenflick.

Rear brake has a sticky/’lazy’ piston on one side such that both pistons don’t advance evenly.

I’ve tried taking out the pads, advancing the sticky piston, and lightly oiling/cleaning around the edges, and pushing back in. Tried it a number of times, but still sticking when the pistons are fully open.

Are there any other tips I can try, or is the piston toast? Can you get replacement pistons & seals?

Or, as the bike (and brakes) are under 2 years old, and SRAM have a 2 year warranty, is it just better to return the caliper/brakeset for a replacement?

FOG

When I asked on here for advice about this exact problem, somebody suggested red rubber grease which I had never heard of. I got some from eBay and it worked a treat and has been fine for two winters. Just extend the pistons as far as you dare and rub the grease on , then push them in and out a few times until it moves freely

squealingbrakes
    Free Member

When I emailed Formula about a lazy piston / rubbing pads, they said don’t grease it, but re-bleed instead. This suggests to me that they think an air bubble behind the offending piston could affect brake performance. Never read similar elsewhere on the web mind.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Rival sticky / ‘lazy’ piston … Solution?’ is closed to new replies.