Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sram rear dérailleurs
  • crispy1980
    Free Member

Hi all, quick one, what real world differences are there between the NX, GX AND X1 dérailleurs? Currently have the x1, but it’s five years old, a bit bent about and the spring is getting a bit weak. On the lookout for a replacement, but is it really worth paying more above the NX? Not bothered about the extra weight really.

airvent
    Free Member

Think the NX is meant to work with an 11T smallest cog so if yours is 10t it might not work. The NX cassette it goes with is non XD driver.

tomhoward

Think the NX is meant to work with an 11T smallest cog so if yours is 10t it might not work

It will.

crispy1980
    Free Member

So, any reason not to just get the NX then?

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Been using nx11 for a couple of years.

No problems at all.

Never had poncy expensive top of the range stuff like gx 😜 to compare it to.

titusrider
    Free Member

I’ve been very unlucky with X01 (or they are all this shit)

Had the top jockey wheel self distruct issue about 4 months in, now the replacement is 6 months old and the spring is so weak it won’t change down. Sent off for another warranty replacement tomorrow.

Don’t spend much…. or slap an XT 12 on

crispy1980
    Free Member

Think I’ll just go for the NX then, see no reason to spend more to save a few grams

chrisyork

Maybe I’m not putting mine under same abuse but my X1 on the Capra has been great! When I’m riding I’m always thinking about the mech going through tight stuff because I know how much they cost haha!

superstu
    Free Member

Had 11 speed NX on my smuggler but couldn’t get on with it. Kept skipping and indexing would move slightly out. Not user error as had a couple different bike shops set it up. Have GX on another bike and it’s been brilliant, two years and only had to look at it once. Feels slightly nicer in action too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sram rear dérailleurs’ is closed to new replies.