Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • SRAM NX shifter position
  • jeffl

So got a new bike and it comes with SRAM NX drivetrain and SRAM Level brakes. Now the brakes and shifters aren’t matchmaker compatible and were delivered with the shifter positioned inside the brake lever. After setting up the angle and the reach the shifters were still too far away from my thumb. So I swapped them over so the shifter was outside of the brake lever. Now I keep finding my thumb touching the shift levers when I don’t want to. It seems the ideal placement would be in-line with the brake lever.

Am I missing something here or do I just have freakish digits and hands? Previously I’ve used Shimano shifters and brakes and never had this sort of problem.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I have the NX but took the level brakes off and replaced with Hope so not quite the same, the band on the shiftier is a bit thick and doesn’t let me get the perfect position it’s probably 99% there though.It is way better than whatever iteration of Ispec I had that was nowhere near comfy so it’s probably a bit of a personal thing there 🙂

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘SRAM NX shifter position’ is closed to new replies.