Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Sram level tl
  • mattyfez

What are peoples thoughts on these, was going to get deore but went for these on a whim as they are reputed to have better modulation which I think I’ll prefer, but read some people think they are too vague.

Wil be on a 180 and a 160 rotor, coming from a tektro mechanical brake set with 2×160 rotors.

Thanks

jonnyrockymountain

I have no complaints on mine what so ever

mattbee

I like mine. Run with Hope floating rotors. Wife has them with centreline rotors too.  Like a guide but with a bit less power.

Mid you like the on/off feeling of Shimano you may not get on with them but they are much more progressive feeling.

Mowgli
    Free Member

Mine are fine, nothing remarkable. Plenty of power for one finger braking on 180mm rotors. Perhaps somewhere between Shimano and Hope in terms of feeling binary/progressive.

mattyfez

Cool thanks, sounds like I’ll like them then, cheers.

geex
    Free Member

I have 3 sets of shimano Deore

1 set of hope Tech 2

2 sets of Avid Juicys

2 sets of Guides

1 set of Levels (the cheapest ones)

Guides are by far the best of them and the Levels match all the rest in every way except for the non split lever clamp.
    Believe it or not the Shimanos are by far the most problematic. with seals/pistons failing.The Hopes need bled most
    Juicys have lasted 10 years and are still going strong with multiple DH/Alps trips.

As above Level feel nice. like a slightly less powerful Guide. They cost less than £30 an end with Tredz voucher. Complete bargain

mattyfez

Oooooooo, I paid a bit more than £30 an end for mine, but whatevs, they sound pretty decent, thanks.

gaidong
    Free Member

I got Level TLs a couple of years ago after many Shimano disappointments. I really like the feel and the power is fine for my fatbike. Bit disappointed that all the pivot points are rusty on a fairly high spec brake though, is ss so pricy…

Just bought Guide RSs on the back of the Levels and I’m not getting on with them at all, power is rubbish after multiple shop bleeds. Magura next step.

vincienup
    Free Member

Guides shouldn’t be rubbish for power.  You either have something wrong with the brakes (possibly warrantyable) or your shop are no good at bleeding them.

How is the lever feel?

kimbers

Levels are pretty impressive for the price.

I found they got a bit inconsistent on DH runs though.

gaidong
    Free Member

@vincienup, they seem quite bitey at low speed, which I like, but once shifting there’s just not so much happening. I might need to bed the pads and rotors in a bit better though.

highpeakrider
    Free Member

I like the ones on my Whyte, work well with Urber pads in them

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/category/426/All-Race-Matrix-Disc-Brake-Pads

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Sram level tl’ is closed to new replies.