Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sram level T brakes, anyone used em?
  • kimbers

on a new bike Im looking at anyone used these?

Im a bit sram-o-phobic though people rate the guides

andywoodall
    Free Member

Rubbish. Avoid.

kimbers

cheers!

nickdavies

Got level tl’s on new bike, wanted something a bit lighter than guides and these were £50 an end so thought I’d give them a go.

Not long term yet but feel good. I think I’ll end up back with guides purely for the extra power but for the money I can’t complain.

New sram brakes are the easiest things to bleed out there, modulation better than shimano. Power will be the only downfall for me but it’s going to be comparable to the xt equivalent.

Level T looks a bit heavier and not as nicely finished but I’d still not let it put me off a bike.

13thfloormonk

Came stock on my Trek Superfly.

Was perfectly happy with performance, but the noisy braking in the wet drove me up the wall. Tried various different pads and rotors but it just seems they are a really hellishly noisy brake when braking infrequently in wet conditions.

Also the rear ones had some sort of crazy vibration issue, partially resolved by taping a small lead weight to the seatstay, but never went away entirely.

Eventually replaced them with TRP Spyres. Braking might be less good but at least I’m not afraid to pull the lever for fear of deafening myself any more…

clipper247
    Free Member

I’ve got Level TL’s on the new bike – they seem quite good, but as above, the noise they make when wet puts me off

Garry_Lager

Find them ok, although yet to bleed them. Best to act decisively with dodgy brakes, though – life’s too short to put up with finicky bleeds, squealing, sticking pistons etc, so get em in the bin.

Mine are on a bike I bought for winter riding and hasn’t seen much use this year – once the winter night rides start up I’ll be replacing them with something sensible.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sram level T brakes, anyone used em?’ is closed to new replies.