Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SRAM GXP & Shimano HollowtechII Bottom Bracket Tool???????
  • tomaso
    Free Member

Not sure why I am having problems but the HollowtechII bottom bracket tool I’ve got only fits the drive side of my SRAM GXP bottom bracket – are the SRAM and Shimano bottom brackets subtly different?

My tool appears to be only a tiny bit too small to fit onto the non-drive side cups but fits fine onto the drive side – hence why I am puzzled.

I never had this problem with the same tool on Shimano bottom brackets??

To further emphasise my problem the replacement bottom bracket from Superstar components also doesn’t fit my tool on the non-drive side.

AhrggHHH I wanna ride my bike and I can’t!!!

coatesy
    Free Member

Not had any problems like that before, what tool is it?

highclimber
    Free Member

mine fits both too. what make tool is it? I have a basic shimano one

tomaso
    Free Member

It was an Icetoolz tool that didn’t fit. Nipped out to LBS and bought a Shimano BB spanner and it did the trick.

Simple lesson reminder – buy the best tools you can and that way you only ever have to buy one…

julianwilson
    Free Member

The icetoolz/lifu socket one has a bit in the middle that is too wide for the left hand cup of gxp bb’s. But unlike the shimano or park spanner type ones, it does allow you to correctly torque your bb if that’s your thing. In that respect it’s actually better if you have shimano bb’s than the shimano one. 😕

tomaso
    Free Member

Torque wrench? Two grunts and groan did it just fine 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SRAM GXP & Shimano HollowtechII Bottom Bracket Tool???????’ is closed to new replies.