Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Sram GX ghost shifting – gravel/road/commuting content.
  • IvanMTB
    Free Member

Hi,

Just made a leap and changed from 105/Tiagra set up on my do-it-all bike into Force/GX.

Always prefered definite and somewhat noisy Sram shifting than Shimano.

All fine, took less than 2hours to re-adjust to Double Tap but encountered small issue.

Using 11/34, 10 speed cassette and realized that on last 3, smallest cogs I had some ghost shifts, especially over bumpier terrain, pot holes etc.

That was a bit of a surprise as I never experienced anything like that with my other 2 GX equiped bikes, especially that they are set up with 11/42 blocks…

Friend of mine suggested rear mech hanger alignment check-up or installing thin shim between rear mech and the hanger. As a ultimate option I’m keepin in-line barrel adjuster but apparently that is not a guarranty of a sucess…

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=189042

Alternatively do you know if Sram medium cage 10 speed roadie mech will cope with 34T biggest sprocket?

Cheers!

I.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

Anybody? Anything?

Cheers!

I.

IvanMTB
    Free Member

OK, a bit of self-reply, maybe of use for anybody else.

Medium cage Rival is clearing 34T OK with B-Tension screw almost at it’s max.

Cheers!

I.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Sram GX ghost shifting – gravel/road/commuting content.’ is closed to new replies.