Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Sram Guide Ultimates or Hope E4?
  • generallevi
    Free Member

Looking at a new pair of brakes and have narrowed it down to these two. Any body got any experiences or preferences? I appreciate the Guide Ultimates are newish so reviews may be a scarce.

Want something with good modulation and able to deal with long descents.

Previous XO Trail user,

All the very best,

Lee.

chiefgrooveguru

Can’t fault the Tech 3 E4. Excellent lever ergonomics and adjustment, tons of modulation allied to a lot of power. Dead easy to bleed. Pads last ages!

mattbee

Dunno about the Ultimate but 2 pairs of Guide RS have been faultless since Jan.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    spectabilis
    Free Member

OSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST
    chiefgrooveguru – Member
    Can’t fault the Tech 3 E4. Excellent lever ergonomics and adjustment, tons of modulation allied to a lot of power. Dead easy to bleed. Pads last ages!
    POSTED 1 HOUR AGO # REPORT-POST

Yep echoes my opinion completely. I’ve been impressed by the guides I’ve lately but the Hopes are always the choice where my money’s concerned.

myti
    Free Member

Just had the guides for my alps holiday. Brilliant brakes can’t fault them so far and they took some punishment on hol.

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

I am new to Guide RSCs and like them a lot so far but time will be the tester.

What is the feature that is ultimate I wonder?

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ve got RSCs, which have been brilliant for a year and 2,200 miles, with Alps riding and loads of uplifts.

The Ultimates are updated in lots of ways, for less weight, better heat management, consistency and easier bleeding. Carbon lever blades, ti bolts, and a whole new calliper.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Sram Guide Ultimates or Hope E4?’ is closed to new replies.