Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)
  • SRAM Guide RS woes
  • chrisyork

So believe it or not that is a right, if I’m going from the diagram on the site and how it looks…

Another pic of it not fitted, ignore the old Azure study notes! 🤣 5-D0-EB844-5-A75-45-A1-954-F-2938-FE367023

Tracey

Does it look like this when fitted

Can you put up a pic of yours like above

chrisyork

Okay so…. It looks nothing like that but I can’t figure out how it would work!!

Popped out during Grand Designs ad break to get a photo but that bikeyoke wording is actually the other side of the bar at the front and not the back!!

Was rushing a bit to get it done before the Yorkshire puddings for tea were ready so I think I’ll have to have another look at it soon as I can when I can… 12221167-A6-DA-4-E5-B-9-F5-C-C9-BDA37-CB9-B9

Tracey

Looks to me as if it needs spinning so that the mounting bolt hole is on the other side of the brake lever clamp.if that makes sense

chrisyork

I will say it really does make sense, so will see when I get a chance to retry!

Anyway once I get this out the way just need a long hill (flat as a pancake around us) to bed the new brake pads in then the newborn will be here and It’ll be hard to ride it at all for a bit 🤣

chrisyork

Okay so…. Woke up at 5 and couldn’t stop thinking about it so got out early, amazing what not rushing and a bit of sleep can do!
    All fitted and fully operational!
    Thank you 👍
    I will caveat that I am someone who’s always taken my bike to a bikeshop for anything like brakes but over the years have learnt that I’m not happy with how a bolt was slightly rounded or the money I spent so I’m a rider learning to do everything himself and an adapter shouldn’t defeat me and think I was just rushing!

B313-C8-DC-F203-4-B77-8-E0-D-D747002-D0322

chrisyork

The only thing to decide now, is if I want to get 203 ice-tech rotors or stick with the SRAM 200’s…. From what I’m reading Ice-tech’s basically eliminate brake fade which the SRAM’s suffered from but also I now have finned pads so that should also help heat dissipate.
    Is it acceptable to just add a small spacer to the caliper bolts to get to the 203mm or should I be able to do a straight swap?

chrisyork

Then again I’ve read Galfer disks are meant to be very good, I’ll use them in anger and see if I need to change

Tracey

Glad your sorted 👍

rhayter
    rhayter

Ignore that, you’re all sorted!

Viewing 11 posts - 41 through 51 (of 51 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.