Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM Guide Piston – popped out (kind of)…….pushed back in (I think)…….
  • GDRS

Group wisdom required.

Changing the pads at the weekend and my son helpfully pulled the break leavers when the pads were out. He is only little – and helping………..anyway…….. one of the pistons almost popped out. After I had moved the child away from all of the Dot Fluid p*ssing out everywhere, I used a flat blade to push the piston back in. It when back fairly smoothly.

Now (obviously) I need to bleed / top up the fluid. QUESTION – is that going to be it – job done – or am I going to have to do something else to the piston etc.

Cheers.

G

johnw1984
    Free Member

I have done the same thing before. Cleaning and leveling the pistons, I neglected to keep an eye on the 4th one and it popped out and pissed everywhere.

Gently pushed it back in and bled the brake and it was fine for months after. Blessing in disguise really as it felt much better after a fresh bleed 🙂

alexpalacefan

Yep, done that too.

Mine’s still ok after I botched it back together.

APF

GDRS

Thanks guys.

My fear of this becoming a larger than planned (and it already is) job is much less than an hour a go.

Great Stuff!

johnw1984
    Free Member

Heart dropped out of my arse when I did it too 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Guide Piston – popped out (kind of)…….pushed back in (I think)…….’ is closed to new replies.