Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • SRAM Guide Caliper service/seals kit
  • dumbbot
    Free Member

Hey,

Thought about giving my SRAM guide RSC calipers a service, is it possible to buy just the seals without the pistons? i’m not having much luck with my google-fu.

Otherwise it’s like £20+ with the pistons per end and that makes it rather expensive.

nopunk
    Free Member

I would think unless they are leaking then if it aint broke etc.. You could pop the pistons out the levers and lube with some dot grease if you want to do something.

dumbbot
    Free Member

They are not leaking no. I’ve had a sticky piston,which i have freed and possibly the piston advancement is uneven so I figured a strip and clean may help. Maybe a fresh bleed is in order

I wasn’t going to touch the levers, far to many small parts for an idiot like me to be messing around with.

mjsmke

I had a sticky piston on mine last year so stripped it down and the piston felt a little rough. Changed the seals and pistons and they felt like new again.

speccyguy
    Free Member

https://www.bike-components.de/en/Brakes/Bits-Pieces-MTB-Disc-Brake/?filter_manufacturer_id=62

Pretty much all Sram spares available from here. Although giving everything a good clean, iso alcohol wipe, grease and bleed sorts most things. But by the time you’ve got everything apart you might as well put in fresh wear parts.

oikeith

Glad I’ve seen this, I noticed last night that my pistons dont push out equally and was considering what to do, I did watch the SRAM service video on youtube, which although very detailed, did make me think servicing the caliper and lever was a task not worth starting!

@dumbbot
    how did you free your sticky piston? I was wondering if i could get away with removing the pads, pulling the lever to get the pistons out and simply wiping them, I dont have a bleed kit for the new caliper so looking to avoid anything that avoids that!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Guide Caliper service/seals kit’ is closed to new replies.