Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • SRAM G2 Lever Return Spring not returning?
  • phil5556

I’ve got a G2 RSC lever that doesn’t spring back in to position after it’s been flicked away from the bars. Either the pivot / bushes are sticking or the return spring is broken.

Can I buy just the sorting from anywhere?

Is the return spring the same on Code R and G2 levers? If so I can steal one from a Code Lever.

Cheers

tjagain

Is this the issue some Sram brakes had with the piston sticking? ie

Sram HRD master piston sticking issues

weeksy

The piston sticking is usually in hot weather, i’m not aware of cold weather issues. Basically there’s a tiny bit of expansion due to heat build up in both the fluid and the plastic piston. But it’s not impossible something happens in the cold i guess.

If they’re not the same as the Code, i’ll have a peek in the spares and see if i have a spring mate… it’s certainly possible.

rickmeister

Sticky piston is hot weather on early Guides not G2’s I think Tj.

Its not a cold temp problem certainly with mine, they are working perfectly in properly cold conditions. Do you have the RSC version with bite point adjust? Might be worth a twiddle on that too.

phil5556

Cheers weeksy, if not and it is the same as Code I’m happy to take one of them apart.

It’s nothing to do with the hydraulic side of things. The levers have a natural resting position but can also be pushed away from the bar and the spring should push them back in again. It’s just not doing its job for some reason.

I am wondering if it’s just the bush got some muck in it or if somethings slightly bent though too.

DickBarton

The sticky piston does still happen, just not as often as previously…

frogstomp

I am wondering if it’s just the bush got some muck in it or if somethings slightly bent though too.

It could well be.. and it’s easy enough to remove the lever to give it a clean to check (p24 here). You could also compare the spring with the other side to see if it has bent out of shape.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.