Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sram eagle intermittently won’t drop down
  • sam1988
    Free Member

Strange fault with my bike, gx cassette and chain, x01 mech and xx1 shifter. When I first get on the bike I find in the middle of the cassette when changing down from the larger gears to the smaller is sometimes takes a while to drop down, however once its down it will shift spot on up and down the cassette all day long. Next ride it does it again.

It will not play up when in the work stand. First check was poss b limit adjustment which is spot on. Gear cable was changed a few months ago to. Could it still be sticky? Also thought about possible pivot pins on the mech meing sticky?
    Anyone else had this issue?

sssimon
    Free Member

Sticky cable most likely, also check where the cable routed through the mech as they are prone to gumming up or gathering bits of crap in there.

sam1988
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice, I will have a closer look at it. If it is the cable hopefully I can get away with the inner as the outer routing is a pain on the whyte t130!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Mine has been doing this as its become worn. It also drops when back pedalling too, which it never used to do.

alan1977
    Free Member

sticky cable
    treat yourself to a quality inner and outer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sram eagle intermittently won’t drop down’ is closed to new replies.