Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • SRAM Eagle 12 speed cassette fitting problem
  • mkmackie
    Free Member

Hi,

Trying to fit the new AXS XG1299 Eagle cassette onto my new Scot Spark build and I cannot get the ‘inner’ threaded part of the XD cassette to turn so it won’t engage with the thread body on the XD hub. There is another post on Pinkbike with the same issue a while back but no response.

https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/listcomments/?threadid=203916

The only thing that is odd is that I also have a gold circlip (the PB post called it a washer) which I can easily remove but it doesn’t seem to make any difference. I am thinking it is some kind of transit clip but not sure what to do once it is removed as I am reluctant to hit a £300 cassette with a hammer.

Anybody else seen this kind of issue before ?

thanks in advance ?

grazze53317
    Free Member

I’d take it down the local bikeshop and ask them to look at it. Won’t cost you anything to have a pro cast there eye over it.

mkmackie
    Free Member

Just tried two local bike shops- both looked at it, scratched chin and said they hadn’t seen one like this before and suggested I talk to SRAM !

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    tomhoward

Happened to me a couple of weeks ago I stuck a cassette tool in a vice, splines up, put the cassette over the top, then use a chain whip, on the 50t gear to turn the whole cassette to free it.

mkmackie
    Free Member

Thanks – tried that just now but it still isn’t moving. I have just spoken to SRAM Tech and they are replacing it under warranty, I don’t think it is the first one they have seen !

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Eagle 12 speed cassette fitting problem’ is closed to new replies.