Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • SRAM Brakes – Shimano Pads
  • gastromonkey
    Free Member

Is there a reason that new Sram brakes would come with Shimano pads?

I recently got a new bike with Sram Level brakes. After bedding in the new brakes on a short ride the rear brake has been making the “turkey warble”. To try and solve the problem I have replaced the pads. I removed the pads that came with the bike and the code on the back matches a Shimano pad. I took them to a LBS to make sure I wasn’t miss understanding what I was looking at and they confirmed that they look like Shimano pads. I bought the Sram pads (packaged a suitable for Level) and the problem has persisted.

To try and stop the noise I have replaced the pads and rotor, bled the brakes and performed an extended bedding in routine. The noise is still there. Any ideas of how else to solve the problem?

thols2

Any ideas of how else to solve the problem?

Noisy brakes are really tricky to sort out. There is some complex interaction between the wheels, brakes, and frame that is setting up a resonance. If you can, try borrowing a different wheel. Changing rotor size might also help. Also, try aftermarket pads with different compounds.

In my experience, brakes tend to quieten down once everything wears in, so if it was me, I’d just ride it if the brakes are working ok.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘SRAM Brakes – Shimano Pads’ is closed to new replies.