Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • SRAM brake spares ?
  • Trimix
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get a spare part for my SRAM Ultimate Guide brakes ?

Seems I’ve lost the bolt that goes through the lever holding it on the clamp.

Still got the top part of the bolt, so it works. Just the bottom part has gone missing. But I cant seem to find any website in the UK that just sells parts.

legend
    Free Member

I thought they were a standard MMX clamp? Got a photo?

Trimix
    Free Member

Its the bolt that goes through the actual lever, one that has bearing in it.

Not the clamp to the bar bit.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

This happened to mine too, I think I got the bearing and bolt set from AMazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Sports-Outdoors/SRAM-Bearing-Bearings-Hardware-11-5018-023-000/B00TTLHXXS

It’s the part listed as 2 and 4 in this diagram

https://static.bike-components.de/cache/p/z1/5/1/SRAM-Guide-RSC-B1-Brake-Lever-Spare-Parts-2017-2-black-51907-173346-1486645566.jpeg

If I knew more about bolt lengths and threads chances are that I could have picked the bolts up infinitely cheaper.

Trimix
    Free Member

That’s the one. £23 from Amazon, ouch.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

Drilled through the lever and fitted an m3x25mm with a washer and nyloc.. Stainless

Had been crashed and had sheared the bolts off and couldnt get the old ones out

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

How do I find out the type of threads on the bolt?

Trimix
    Free Member

Stick a nut on it, one which you know the thread size of.

unovolo
    Free Member

Assuming you have a pair of brakes can you not just take the other one to a decent ironmongers/fasteners and get them to match something up? Might have to settle for a cap head Allen bolt or screw as i’d imagine a Torx head is a lot less common.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘SRAM brake spares ?’ is closed to new replies.