Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SRAM axs users, cold weather
  • bikerevivesheffield

New axs as in box fresh, ride one last weds all good, ride 2 last night, shifter battery dead! Usual?

julians
    Free Member

No,not usual, I’m on my second shifter battery,have had the axs kit for 2.5 years.

Have ridden it in colder temps than we are currently seeing

frogstomp

Nope, had mine nearly 2 years and still on the first battery.

You haven’t inadvertently propped the lever up against something? If I take mine in the car I have to be careful the lever isn’t resting on the parcel shelf – did that once and took me a while to realise what the noise (of it shifting) was while driving along.

monkeyboyjc

Not usual – had axs for two+ years and not changed the shifter battery yet.

DickBarton

Depends…did you charge the battery up before riding? Or is it the controller battery? If controller, how fresh is the box? It may be a duff battery? Is there a chance the bike has moved and a button on the controller has been pressed? If that is held down, the battery will drain overnight. If the bike isn’t motionless i.e. in a vehicle and able to move a bit then the system will remain awake and this will aid battery drain.

binman

Nope still on original controller battery, but had it happen to the derailleur battery once as I think the controller had been knocked and the derailleur had been trying to change gear.

bikerevivesheffield

Shifter battery
    Not resting on anything
    Stored sub zero for 2 nights
    Manufacturer date 2021

bikerevivesheffield

Dodgy battery
    New one sorted it

jonnyrockymountain

i run 2 sets, i usually change battery in shirter once a year (just to be safe) and charge rear mech one once a month again to be safe

nomadrider
    Free Member

Nope. Definitely take it back and get a warranty claim in

teethgrinder

18 months from the shifter CR2032. Normally get 2 weeks of lots of riding before mech battery goes from solid green to solid red.

I do find the mech battery lasts longer if removed when transporting the bike in/on the car – I believe the movement keeps the mech awake and ready for shifts.

footflaps

I always carry shifter batteries in my toolkit as they always die at annoying times. On my third set of batteries now after a couple of years. Always cold mornings when you notice it struggling.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.