Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sram 180-203 adaptor? CPS/Non CPS
  • jayx2a
    Free Member

So was looking at a 203 centerline front rotor as an upgrade from the 180.

Planet X have them at a decent price so thought I would pick up the adaptor too as they are only a couple of quid, but the ones I can see are only 20mm? Do these still work ok or is there a specific 23mm one out there?

Also – what is the difference between CPS and non CPS?

This is it here:

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/BSSDBM/sram-disc-brake-mount-adaptor

davros

Edit… I don’t know what I’m talking about.

Thought it was only Shimano which uses 203 but clearly I’m wrong!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Haha – SRAM used to be 200 but now the rotors are 203’s!

benpinnick

No they wont work, or at least not until you add 1.5mm of washers. Whether you need CPS or not depends on your caliper. If there’s cone washers on both sides of the caliper its CPS, if just the top side (if at all) its non-cps.

jayx2a
    Free Member

Just looking at the hope ones on CRC but a bit lost at which one I would need – doesnt really give that much info!!!

benpinnick

Somthing I wrote once…

What mount do I need?

Difference Example Conversions Mount Type
    +20mm
    Bird Frame (160) to 180mm Rotor
    Older Forks (160) to 180mm Rotor
    Newer Forks (180) to 200mm Rotor L

+23mm
    Bird Frame (160) to 183mm Rotor
    Older Forks (160) to 183mm Rotor
    Newer Forks (180) to 203mm Rotor H

+40mm
    Bird Frame (160) to 200mm Rotor
    Older Forks (160) to 200mm Rotor M

+43mm
    Bird Frame (160) to 203mm Rotor
    Older Forks (160) to 203mm Rotor C

jayx2a
    Free Member

Thank you – I have newer forks so Newer Forks (180) to 203mm Rotor H looks like there is no stock on the 203 one.

Will this work from Uber?

https://www.uberbikecomponents.com/view-product/Uberbike-Front-Post-to-Post-203mm-Disc-Brake-Mount-adapter-Colour-Options

It doesnt really make it clear if this is to mount a 203 on a 180 mount?

benpinnick

Possibly, no way to know from the description. You can buy a Shimano SM-MA-F203P/PM which will do it.

jayx2a
    Free Member

What an idiot. Just checked my bike and already has a post adaptor. Presume 160-180. So I need a 43mm one which is type C. Lucky not ordered yet!!

jayx2a
    Free Member

Just checking that the hope ones will work with SRAM?

jayx2a
    Free Member

I guess they are all sort of a generic fit so I Hope it fits!

benpinnick

Yeah they will, but its an expensive way to do it. That Uber one would be fine too (almost certainly, 160 > 203 is the common version so probably what they are selling there).

vincienup
    Free Member

I always go for the Shimano ‘xtr’ level adaptors. Granted, adaptors aren’t very heavy, but there are some big, ugly ones out there with way more metal than necessary.

Increasingly, the Shimano calliper adaptors are usually the only Shimano parts on my bikes these days! 😂

Agree with Ben that I wouldn’t buy Hope in this case unless I was running a full Hope brake setup. There can be some surprising incompatibilities as Hope have an ‘interesting’ approach to the standards the rest of the industry generally stick to at times.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sram 180-203 adaptor? CPS/Non CPS’ is closed to new replies.