Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • SRAM 15mm Maxle alterantive
  • giddyrob
    Free Member

Hey,

are there any, stronger, alternatives to the Maxle. I have now gone through the second one in just over 12 months!

The front wheel hadn’t been off for a while and needed to strip the bike down. Went to release the wheel and it was a bit stuck. Instead of going hell for leather I just kept applying a bit more pressure, which in the end wasn’t very much and it sheered off the tiny bar in the middle. I’m sick of these pieces of crap. Had a 20mm on my old Pikes and that was bomb proof and ran strong for 7 years.

I was wondering if anyone knows a heavier, but stronger version of this poorly designed piece of junk? If it was a tenner for a new one then I wouldn’t care, but now the lbs is trying to remove the old one and I’m looking at 40 brick…. AGAIN!

End of the day I have kids and can’t spend every weekend greasing the whole bike and getting in some riding. It’s for consumers so why don’t we have something that doesn’t break when pull on with any bit of force? Or at least have a spanner release somewhere so I don’t have to force it?

Cheers

Rob

qwerty
    Free Member

giddyrob
    Free Member

Would one of these work so I don’t have to deal with the poor quick release system.

Maxle

THanks

Rob

giddyrob
    Free Member

Cheers… just what I was looking at…. Done with that stupid quick release anyway. I hardly take off the wheel.

Poopscoop

Yeah,I went with the Stealth after breaking the normal one.

Much better.

giddyrob
    Free Member

What width for 2016 pikes? 100 or 110

BTW, so I’m not the only one who thinks the things are a be precious!

Ta

giddyrob
    Free Member
    Poopscoop

100 if its not Boost mate.

Pretty sure anyway!

giddyrob
    Free Member

Oh, is the boost for the bigger tyre boys?

otsdr
    Free Member

Just measure the distance with a ruler…

giddyrob
    Free Member

This is my bike it came off so think they’re standard pikes:

https://us.yt-industries.com/products/bikes/enduro/546/capra-al-comp-2

In the shop at the mo so can’t just measure

Ta

Poopscoop

Yeah, on the capra spec sheet it says 15x 100. 😉

giddyrob
    Free Member

Sweet as Mr…. thanks for the help. Always like to double check these things…. before I buy them and break em again 😉

Might just put it back in the shed and ride my old enduro…. She’s a bit precious the old goat…

Poopscoop

No probs mate.

I’m the same, like to be 100% before I buy stuff!

Got a Jeffsy here so us YT lads have to stick together! 😀

giddyrob
    Free Member

Defo… there are a few people who ride other brand bikes that don’t like the germans 😯

LOL 😆

scandal42
    Free Member

Check out the KCNC one as well. I have one for the rear axle and it’s solid.

They do one for forks as well.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘SRAM 15mm Maxle alterantive’ is closed to new replies.