Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • SRAM 11 speed cassette with XT mech/shifter
  • Clink

Will this work? I have my eye on some wheels for my frame but they are SRAM driver and all my bits are Shimano 11 speed. Will a SRAM 11 speed cassette work with XT mech/shifter? Ta.

dogbone

Yes. Did exactly that on last bike.

honourablegeorge

Yes, have that on 3 bikes. Would recommend it over Xt cassette/chain

Clink

Fab!!!! Thanks for swift response.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

yes

Onzadog
    Free Member

XXTR groupset.

Started out with that, but now have the Garbaruk 10-50 cassette and cage with XT mech and XTR shifter. Works perfectly.

joebristol

Should work fine – and you’ve got the benefit or being able to get a cassette with 10 speed highest cog and that will be lighter than Shimano cassettes generally. The gx level 10-42 cassette is all steel too so lasts almost forever! Just run a small (30t) chainring with it to get a fairly spinny lowest gear.

If however you need something lower Sunrace make an Xd driver compatible cassette which has a 10-46 range. I haven’t tried it yet as there are mixed reviews online – but if I find 10-42 / 30t not low enough on my new hardtail (having now switched to 12 speed 10-51 on the FS) I’m going to get one to try.

Onzadog
    Free Member

What are the wheels? Is there the option to replace the freehub? Might be cheaper than a new cassette?

oikeith

Freehubs are hella expensive, I am merging bikes to ride one and sell the other, to go from Shimano to SRAM XD is £79, I picked up a 11 speed sunrace cassette for £40 new instead!

Akers

SRAM 11 Speed cassette works great with Shimano shifter and derailleur. I switched from an XT 11-46 cassette with 32t chainring to a SRAM XG-1150 10-42 with a 28t chainring. gearing is slightly shorter, but clearance is much better, spacing of the lower gears is better, the cassette lasts much longer, as all the sprockets are steel. You also run a shorter chain. Only downside I have found is the cassettes are more expensive than the comparable Shimano offering.

snotrag

Sram GX 10-42 casette with 11sp XTR shifter/mech here too. Works great as above.

alpin
    Free Member

Swapped the Sram shifter and mech because I don’t like the Sram lever.

Had to wind the screw thingy on the Shimano mech to get it running in the big ring.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘SRAM 11 speed cassette with XT mech/shifter’ is closed to new replies.